Provide

Yes I know, we discussed somehow the same way in the past. But for me personally this is still one of the biggest threads for the long term success and so far I see no correction. But I also still do hope, that we get it done in the near future. Also I think once the Node Tree has been sold it will be not so easy to change these params, as people would get pretty angry in this case. Changes would need to be made before the sale or at least everyone needs to know, that 35% etc. can change at anytime.

3 Likes

A lot of things are involved, you can’t just change one parameter and hope things don’t shift too much at the other end of the spectrum. Many aspects of the project are still being shaped, created, and adjusted.

With a project so young, it is not weird (at least not to me) the project team wants to secure a few things (be in control if you like) before making it a decentralized community responsibility.

7 Likes

If incognito core team reduces nodes the functionality of earning in provide becomes unsustainable and liquidity mining will get slashed aggressively. Which means if you want liquidity mining that money has to come from somewhere, it would have to be hard-coded into the protocol to come from the block rewards. Code , not humans, can control that. And reducing nodes centrally run (by the team) gives community members actual power and say in how the project is ran because right now… what you say as far as suggestions or opinions could theoretically fall on deaf ears thus allowing no accountability for how the project is ran.

4 Likes

@andrey I’ve just started using the provide function and want to check my understanding of how it works.

My provide balance shows the coins I have added to liquidity, when a user trades against these on the network, does my provide balance stay the same. If all providers of a particular coin wanted to ‘take back’ their coins, could their be a situation where the network may not have enough to cover the full balance?

3 Likes

Hey @centurionduck, the Provide is designed in a way for users do not to experience impermanent loss. No matter which amount you provided, when you withdraw you will get the same amount back + earned rewards.

If all provide participates will take all coins back, they still will be able to get all coins, simply because the impermanent loss occurs on the PRV side and this side is covered by LP mining rewards.

At the same time, a misbalance might occur if PRV price is below $0.4 and LP’s withdraws all coins. Worth saying that we do work on a solution to eliminating this risk as well. I’ll publish updates for pDEX tokemomic design and implementation timeline within a month.

5 Likes

Hi all
I am new here and still trying to wrap my head around how this works before investing more. I was wondering what explains the delay of up to 3 days when withdrawing from provide? Are withdrawal requests processed manually or is there an algorithm behind? Thanks!

1 Like

Hey glork,

Welcome to the fam!

Provision withdrawal may take up to 3 days to proceed, while rewards withdrawal is usually completed instantly.

It’s automatic and sequentially. That means, if there are many withdrawal requests to the system, it might take longer for your request to go through.

Big withdrawals require more time due to moving funds out of pools and unmatching pairs.

Please check Liquidity v.2 for a better understanding difference between Provide & ADD. Also, after releasing Privacy v2 we will release an upgrade for ADD, which will make providing liquidity easier and more intuitive, and transparent.

4 Likes

Hey Ducky, thanks for your answers and the links! This made it much clearer. Is there a place you can see the queue of withdrawal requests or get an estimate of how long your withdrawal is going to take? I did some tests, and it took about 2h to withdraw from Provide, but I think it would be a great feature to provide a more precise estimate.

1 Like

Unfortunately at this time there is no way to view the queue or withdraw requests, but a neat suggestion regardless. Ill make sure to pass this down. Thank you!

1 Like

Did the rates for PRV in Provide change from 28% to 21% at some point? (Or am I imagining things?)

3 Likes

Yep. Following the addition of new coins ($LTC, $ZEC, $DASH) in Provide, the rate for PRV was reduced from 28% to 21% on February 9th.

4 Likes
1 Like

HOLY SMOKES!!!..Wow whatever the dev team did to Provide well lets put it like this…at one time I did a withdrawal of some funds from Provide…it took 3 days to complete…a lil while ago I made a withdrawal from Provide and wow…it took only a lil bit over an hour to complete it…I was like shocked…but in as very pleasant way shocked…big kudos to the dev team and I mean the entire team…thank you for having so improved on this issue…truly awesome… :+1: :partying_face: :sunglasses:

7 Likes

Not sure if this is the place for this or not so I apologize in advance. Would be nice to be able to see both coin balance and fiat equivalent in the provide section of the app as is the case in the assets.

Provide is going to be phased out soon, I doubt there will be any ungraded to it unless it crashes before they shut it down

1 Like

New incognito user here. Wondering if Provide is still going to be phased out?

Hello @Incognita,

As of right now we have no plans to phase out the Provide feature of the app. However, our focus is on adding pools to the app. Any user can create a pool as well.

Hope this answers your question and welcome to Incognito!

2 Likes

Thanks, that helps! I’m interested in both, but I see the pools are more decentralised by design so I assume that’s why your focus is there. Good to know both will be available for the time being!

3 Likes

Hi guys,
I’d like to understand the difference between “provide” (one-side) and “earn” (two sides).
How does “provide” protects from impermanent losses ? How is the original provision never changed ?
Thanks in advance for your answers.

Earn: Decentralized. Risk of Impermanent loss. Sustainable.

Provide: Centralized. No risk of impermanent loss. Compensated via DAO earnings. Not (so) sustainable.

1 Like