[Protocol release] Incognito chain’s code upgrade (tag: 20221119_1)

Hi Incognito validators,

We’ve just released a protocol code update for fixed node dominance reduction (down to 34%). The update will be implemented once there are at least 85% validators of the network running the new code.

The latest code is published in 2 forms:

If you run pNodes or set up your vNodes by following our instructions , they should pull the latest docker image automatically. In case you encounter any issues with the code update, feel free to contact @support for assistance.

Thank you!

5 Likes

@duc And this fixes the random docker restart issue, correct?

@brico84, it does, please help upgrade your nodes and monitor whether your reported issue keeps happening or not, thanks for your patience.

Did the fixed node dominance reduction go into effect? I have not experienced any change in queue time or earnings. Well, I have, but only that it’s worse because of new nodes staked. :relaxed:

Fixed Node Reduction has gone into effect! (now down to 34%)

Privacy and the Incognito blockchain are growing stronger :muscle: Thank you node operators for upgrading to the newest release. :raised_hands:

2 Likes

So fees were increased 10,000% and the faucet is gone (not that it would help anymore)? I learned about this today when trying to withdraw a reward. Was this brought up elsewhere and I just missed it? I love Incognito but communication is really lacking for important things users need to know. Luckily I can withdraw some PRV from provide to cover my fees, but I’d be stuck otherwise.

EDIT: Nevermind, something is broken. I have over 5 PRV in my keychain and it’s not letting me send any to another address. It says insufficient funds, with a fee of 0.1 PRV. Any idea on when we will get a fix?

EDIT2:. It just let me send some PRV. Still annoyed at the drastic fee increase.

Please review these:

A thread 2 weeks ago and a poll 10 days ago is not sufficient time to warn users of this massive change. I understand the utility to myself, I should get paid more for my validator nodes. However, the change should have been more gradual with plenty of warning emails sent out to stakeholders. I read every email, but the emails only mention the positives, and never anything that could be perceived as negative, like this. It’s never good to just spring stuff like this on people. You can do better Incognito team.

I don’t disagree with most of your points… but we are talking about a fee of roughly $.02 USD. I doubt this is causing anyone a major burden unless they are spamming the chain with hundreds of transactions a day.

3 Likes

Agreed. This is a much needed change to make the project sustainable, the fee was simply too low. I was pleasantly surprised at how fast the change was enacted because sometimes change around here can seem glacial.

We spent at least a year asking “wen dark mode”…:rofl:

3 Likes