[PROMOTION ENDED] Get 50% off Node device with DAI!

Okie dokie…thank you

Have to agree here. Been with Incognito since testnet and the process of converting PRV to DAI, and then using it to make a purchase inside incognito, was very nice. The pace of Incognito development since November has been amazing. However, while privacy is important, we really need some development on the Incognito swag…:grinning: Ready to make a purchase today from the app! @aaron

2 Likes

@Jerry_Watson @JG20
I agree! This is probably the most immediately exciting way to use PRV. The good news is, it’s already in action! We just need more things to buy haha. So any proposals are definitely welcome. Maybe we can get @Joe_Moffett’s swag store in a privacy app some time. Until
Then, I think it’s just a matter of paying from the app to any seller that takes crypto

1 Like

Love this idea :bulb:! I’ll be able to make more thing in a little while with some new machine I’m getting. Will post a few more images once I make up some new things.

Thanks for the suggestion @aaron !

2 Likes

I just bought two more!! After making my money back on my first within 5 months. :))

5 Likes

Hello! If I understand everything correctly, if I get the physical node I will also have to get 1,750 PRV in order to run the node solo right?

@walkonwayvs No, when you buy a physical node you don’t need to stake 1750 PRV but you ALSO aren’t getting the full 100% reward when your node is chosen to be in the validation group. I think it’s a 75-25% split with 75 going to you and 25 going to the Incognito team.

When you earn or buy 1750 PRV you can “unstake” your node from the general pool and then use the 1750 to begin earning the full 100% reward :money_mouth_face:.

2 Likes

Once you set it up, it borrows the 1750, and you get 35% of earnings with 65% going to the DAO. Whenever you want to earn the full 100%, you just unstake and restake with your own prv :slight_smile:

@FutureMiner

2 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Missing DAI deposit

@aaron

I think it would be a great idea to have the option to be able to partly fund one’s pnode to bring up the pnode user’s reward percentage (35/65—> 45/55—>50/50–>55/45–>65/35 and so on) instead of the full 1750 PRV to fully fund one’s pnode until the full 1750 PRV can be attained.

2 Likes

If that’s a thing that can be done, that would be amazing. I would love to chip away at full ownership over time. But then again, literally just had the thought, when you unstake you have to wait to earn again before it can unstake so that might defeat the chipping away cause it may take a month to earn again?

1 Like

I wished I would have known this when I first bought my node quite awhile ago due to PRV being inherently cheaper ($0.13-0.30 instead of $0.76 currently). Maybe a fixed fiat amount as opposed to number of PRV would make sense.

I’m 50/50 on the fiat idea with you

@FutureMiner and @aaron

Thank you both for the explanations. It is all much more clear now - I appreciate it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

@aaron

Yooo just to clarify - I’m about to send some DAI from an external wallet (ie. metamask) into my Incognito wallet. I am assuming I should send it to my “Public Key”? Or am I supposed to send it to my “Incognito Address?”

1 Like
  1. Use Shield from the Home tab.
  2. Search for DAI. Make sure it has a green check mark next to it.
  3. You will be given a deposit address good for one hour.
  4. Send your external DAI to this address.
  5. Once confirmed, it will be credited as pDAI in your Account 0.
4 Likes

Fantastic my dude, mucho appreciado! Great little feature to have it shielded during the deposit sort of thing.

2 Likes