[Product release] Incognito wallet extension & web-based swap

Let me add one important point that I missed in the original announcement…

Releasing web-based products would be one more step toward decentralization where we wouldn’t have to rely on App stores as the only option. Also, we now have a wallet that could pull all needed data to its local machine directly from a fullnode instead of having to have external backend services to do that like on mobile version. An option for changing fullnode endpoint will be supported in the next releases.

7 Likes

Hey @duc. When importing via the chrome extension for the first time, it asks to scan for old wallets. However, it never stops scanning or updates the balance, and eventually times out and disappears. Any ideas?

Also, any way to import masterless wallets yet?

Chrome ? A very very weird choice for a privacy preserving network…
A Firefox extension would be better (compatibility with TorBrowser)…

2 Likes

The devs are looking into making a Firefox extension.

2 Likes

The extension is Brave compatible too

3 Likes

I just went to try out the wallet extension, but the blanket permissions requirement made me pause:
Screen Shot 2022-10-19 at 09.50.05

Is that really necessary?
I’m going to install it a new profile (or the brave browser) to test out, but having such permissive access requirements will be a barrier to most folks trying the extension.

It would seem it is since MetaMask asks for the same permissions.

Hi everyone, I wanted to give an update on recent changes to the coupled products here.

• Clearer swap UI, hope you would love it :blush:

• Wallet extension v0.0.3: fixed a bug that couldn’t automatically sync the latest balance from the wallet extension to swap view on the Incognito website.

• Support swap for Fantom coins by integrating SpookySwap into Incognito exchange.

Also, we’ve received many helpful feedback and suggestions from the community members so that we can make the products better. The following are things we will work on for the next releases:

• Put FAQs on the swap page so that new users can understand what they are and how they work (by internal team).

• Support swap for PRV, BTC, XMR, LTC, etc. right on the website (by @AK47, @heyabrb, @3prime, @VINWOSNI, @KO-WEI_TSENG)

• Improve UX for coin scanning process after importing an old keychain that was created on the mobile wallet (by @sysfu, @3ncrypt3d, @SPAddict25).

• Support masterless keychain import (by @JG20, @VINWOSNI).

• Bring shielding and unshielding functions to the wallet extension (by @AK47, @KO-WEI_TSENG).

Again, we really appreciate your feedback to make sure what we build is what the community needs. Hopefully, we could get more feedback from you :pray:

8 Likes

Re. Firefox extension support request by @pickle and @heyabrb, since the Incognito wallet extension is built with the latest web-extension standard (a.k.a Manifest V3) that the Mozilla team is on the way to supporting. According to their blog post, they will launch Manifest V3 by the end of 2022, we are following closely their progress in order to start working on that asap. Please stay tuned and in the meantime, you could use Brave (a chromium-based “crypto” browser and) instead if you don’t prefer Chrome

4 Likes

Very good news thanks for all this work !

2 Likes

Thanks for following up, @duc. Based on usage stats, going with chrome first is understandable. Glad to hear FF is on the roadmap!

Congrats to the team on this new product. Looking forward to all the planned improvements.

4 Likes

Just deactivate the extension if you’re not actually using it. It’s like MetaMask: it’s only activated when I have some trades and 99 % of the other time it’s inactive.

1 Like

@duc Any update on the timeline for supporting the masterless keychain import?

We are working on a tech development roadmap for Q4 that will be focusing on better privacy products and decentralization. And supporting masterless keychain for wallet extension was put into the priority queue. We will publish the detailed roadmap early next week.

In the meantime, to start experiencing the wallet extension, you can create a master keychain on the extension and then send funds to it. In this way, you can also skip the coin scanning step to save time.

Sounds good. Thanks for the update.

I can’t figure out how to unshield from the extension nor add to the address book. Any suggestions, @duc? I’m using Google Chrome Version 106.0.5249.119 (Official Build) (64-bit) on Linux with extension Version 0.0.5.

1 Like

Shielding is a little bit hidden @3ncrypt3d You should open incognito.org and connect the wallet. Then you will use swap tab in the “site”. Both from and to will be the same coin but “to” will have the network to which you want to unshield.

2 Likes

Hi @duc. Any update on supporting the masterless keychain?

Ah, very slick. Thanks!

1 Like

@JG20 The team has been working on Masterless keychain support for a couple weeks now. Its ETA is by the end of next week. Also, because this will need to be submitted to browser store for review, it can take a few days more I think.

2 Likes