[Shipped] Privacy Version 2 for Incognito

Progress Update May 8, 2020

This week, we finished the unit test phase for the one-time address feature. We also finished the discussion and review phase for the confidential asset proposal. The detail is provided here.

Next week we will work on the integration test for the one-time address feature and implement building block functions for the confidential asset.

Thank you for reading our progress update! Our work is open source and you can check our work here on branch dev/privacy-v2-ota.

3 Likes

Great work. pDEX has a higher requirement of scalability than other privacy cryptos (e.g. Monero, Zcash), so considering on trade-off between privacy and scalability is more important.
It would be great if you could carefully evaluate works from Monero Research Labs, Lelantus and MW. Maybe some of them fit pDex well.

3 Likes

Progress update May 22, 2020

Hi all, first we would like to apologize for the missing of the progress update last week. We are focusing on fix some critical bugs to privately transfer pTokens. Finally, they have gone away and now we have time to update our work :slight_smile:

1. Done with local test:
a. Create and verify PRV transfer transaction
b. Mint and burn pTokens
c. Create and verify pToken transfer transaction

2. Done without local test:
a. Stake and unstake transaction
b. Convert UTXO form version 1 to UTXO version 2

3. Work in progress:
a. Integrate with pDEX
b. Do local test for 2a and 2b

1 Like

Will transactions amount in pdex become private also?? Kinda like privatize my trading history

1 Like

Most of what you say goes well over my head, but it’s obvious you are very good at your job!
-How is the one time address coming along? It would really help me out in my “sales pitch” to people I know and those I’m reaching out to.
You may have mentioned it in the most recent post, but I may have just not understood, thanks! :smiley:

Hi @ELDAD and @Jerry_Watson,

Due to pDEX based on Uniswap mechanism, so we cannot hide the amount in your trades. But on the other hand, based on ring signature and one-time address, no one can link the address of the sender and receiver.

• Ring signature: your real address will be mixed with some random addresses so that the validators cannot know who is the real sender of this transaction.
  • One-time address: you will generate a random one-time address to receive the token back. This address will be set in the metadata field of the trade transaction. The validator cannot know who is the owner of this address.
2 Likes