Privacy focused fiat on/off ramp, with no need to unshield!

I just saw this blog post from MyConstant that they are now identifying themselves as a fiat on/off ramp for Incognito. I know some have been using this feature, but when I talked with their customer service team in past, they said this was not a direction they wanted to do… but I guess that has changed.

This will allow everyone to use a private focused fiat on/off ramp… where you can convert your fiat into pUSDT directly and then trade and put into Provide to earn yield… To me this is a big deal, you do not have to worry about centralized exchanges changing the rules or their views on privacy… Everyone that was looking for easy ways to onboard fiat, you can now do that without every having to shield or unshield, which means lower fees while staying private!

If you find this interesting, use my referral link to sign up (Thanks @Matt6412 for the suggestion) : https://www.myconstant.com/sign-up?r=D31O5NXK12

19 Likes

Cool sounds interesting. As far as I know @ning is or was running / owning? MyConstant, maybe this is the reason for the good integration? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses: so cool I’m using this for now on!

1 Like

Naw, I’m too busy hanging out with all of you now :wink:

The current team is excellent, they’ll take care of you guys.

3 Likes

I will definitely be giving this a try out this month

1 Like

Thanks for shouting this out @doc! An official Incognito post is coming soon, but in the meantime, here’s a bit more detail (especially for USA users):

If you’re looking to use Constant as a fiat on-ramp via an ACH transfer (USA), you’ll face a waiting period of up to 60 days when withdrawing to stablecoins. This is due to recent security practices put in place by MyConstant’s custodian. I just want to make sure everyone is aware, since getting blindsided by a long wait isn’t fun. If you decide to move fiat back to the bank account you used to make the deposit, you’ll be able to do that without waiting, of course.

If you choose to deposit via wire transfer, there is no waiting period. Depositing using this method should allow you to instantly initiate withdrawal of your USD in crypto (USDT, USDC, etc.).

Using MyConstant as an off-ramp (crypto-to-fiat) faces no restrictions. So if you send pUSDT or other stablecoins to Constant, you’ll be able to initiate the withdrawal to fiat immediately. After that it’s up to the banking system – ACH and wire withdrawals will take between to 2-5 business days to reach you.

Within the next day or two I’ll be posting a full Incognito tutorial with more details. I’ll also include links to MyConstant’s documentation on the subject, since they’re in control of the deposit/withdrawal process.

6 Likes

Thanks for the details, @aaron!

1 Like

Awesome post there Aaron…thank you so much…especially I being a USA user… :sunglasses: :100:

1 Like

Hey everyone, the full tutorial is live here: How to use MyConstant’s crypto <> fiat ramp :wink:

3 Likes