Portable Physical Nodes

A portable physical node that not only continues the idea of providing anonymous crypto services it give the user anonymous internet browser services similar to anonabox or invizbox. Although I would suggest these services are sandboxed…

Additionally an app that turns your android phone into a node on the go. That would help with market penetration especially in emerging markets for persons who cant afford a $399 device… These individuals would receive lower payouts or required to pay one times service fee for the app or to connect to the service…

Incognito has great potential to be disruptive in multiple applications of crypto and fintech… start with niche inferrer product and then capture multiple markets…

1 Like

The app turns any phone in a Node already when you use the Provide feature of the app. This requires no investment other than the coins you stake/provide.

1 Like

Forgive my ignorance but the incognito app running on my phone appears to be managing the physical device shipped to me… i cannot access or see productivity unless the node is connected to the internet…Without this node or device i would not have access to this service…

I am referring to an app that requires no additional device other than the processor in the phone… stand alone…

But hey its only a idea if you believe this is sustainable long term press on… if you believe people will be buying multiple devices to daisy chain so be it… but note 10 devices daisy chained together transmitting from one household is not anonymity… thats centralized business…

multiple phones or tablets on the go all around the world provides better anonymity…

Again just a thought…

Did you check how Provide works? That is kind of the software version of a Node.
You stake, you earn just like with a virtual or physical Node, just without investing in server costs or in buying a physical Node.

All you need is your mobile device, and some crypto to stake.

1 Like

I understand you @shamz and your brand new idea It’s a good idea bundling more privacy products for end users but it doesn’t sound like Jamie is hearing you. It’s OK…they have a one track focus to building incognito blockchain and crypto services for now. :slight_smile: Thanks for posting your idea

1 Like

My answer only relates to the quoted part of your idea, and yes I fail to see how that part is not already covered by the Provide feature.

Thanks for sharing your ideas!

A portable Node is quite difficult to do, because you need a constant, stable connection for your Node to be effective (this is why we recommend an Ethernet connection for physical Nodes). If it were possible, it wouldn’t do to have the network rely on a large number of phone-nodes that sometimes lose connection, as that would result in a highly inconsistent network.

There is already one way to accomplish the same thing that turning your phone into a Node would, which is what @Jamie is saying. By using the “Provide” feature in the app, you supply any amount of crypto you like, and that crypto goes to fund Virtual Nodes and to supplying liquidity. You then earn rewards on all the crypto you provide.

As for the anonymous internet browser and similar ideas (like VPNs, anonymous messaging services, etc), these are good ideas, and may be in Incognito’s future, but they are intensive tasks that have entire companies dedicated to them. For now, the best path is to focus on perfecting and releasing the Incognito network, and integrating it with already-established privacy services for those features.

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying your business model and the way forward… Incognito as it stands is something special however continuous innovation will keep it moving forward…

1 Like