pNode Staking Mechanism

That is correct. It is not possible yet. Estimated for the end of March, but that is not set in stone yet.

1 Like

Would it be possible to let pNode owners reinvest their epoch earnings so that it slowly builds a full stake? As they earn and pay down the 1750 they will keep proportionally more of the epoch earnings. Many people are hesitant to pay $299 and then pay about $850 more. I think node sales would increase dramatically if buyers knew they were building a full stake with their earnings.

4 Likes

The dev work has begun!

2 Likes

Hi Silvercap, we will think about this carefully. Let’s wait for the “Regular Staking for pNode” first.

2 Likes

It will take for weeks, Mike :grin:

1 Like

Hi everyone, you can use your own 1750 PRV to stake for the pNode from today.
Also see: You have an app update: 3.6.3.2

4 Likes

Great step forward allowing node owners to self fund!

1 Like

So say you have pNode that was using Funded Staking, and when regular staking was made available you got super excited and unstaked it… but you’re not actually ready to fund it yourself… is it possible to get help staking my pNode again with Funded Staking?

1 Like

Yes, you can. Contact one of the admins, supply node id.

3 Likes

@Jamie, is this still the way returning to funded staking works for pnodes? Initiate by reaching out to an admin with the node ID?

3 Likes

Yes. People seriously should not unstake their Node (fka pNode) just for fun, just to see how it works. It will only make you lose earnings for the time you are waiting for your Node to be manually restaked.

2 Likes

Is it more beneficial to add more than the 1750 PRV to my pNode Stake, or should I put the overages into the regular staking fund on my homescreen?

Benefits to adding 2500 PRV to my pNode stake, for example? Or should I keep it at the 1750 as more won’t benefit me?

1 Like

I don’t believe so I heard @andrey say on a podcast that it won’t benefit you to stake more than 1750. I have my excess prv in the staking option on the home screen.

4 Likes

Great, thanks!

where can one find this podcast? thanks!

1 Like
1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

So at 31:27 of the podcast, Andrey states that basically the pnode borrows 1750 prv from staking pool.

Thus requiring that the reward be split between pnode owner and the stake pool until 1750 is accrued and paid back…and then the owner is now rewarded 100%

i thought i read somewhere that the percentages are locked in forever no matter how much the pnode eventually accrues.

2 Likes

Do you mean the percent you earn if you are borrowing the prv to stake your node is locked in until manually staking your own coins?

I know between 13:30 and 15:00 he talks about not needing more than 1750 to stake either a vnode or a pNode.

1 Like

If you choose to stake your own 1750 prv then you will receive 100% of the reward.