pNode specifications

I would like to know more about the software running on these node hardware devices.

Reason being, I’d like some reassurance that once I connect this device to my home network, that the software installed on these device is not monitoring my network traffic and spying on me and my family’s internet activity.

With all the government surveillance going on, can the Incognito team please provide some assurance for folks running a “Node” that these devices are safe?

Can someone share any credible 3rd party security audits that have been conducted on “Node” devices from a hardware/software perspective where they have tested the devices and can safely say they are free backdoor hacks and spy capabilities etc?

You mention these “Node” devices are pushed regular firmware/software updates. What is your testing criteria of these updates before they get distributed?

If I purchase a “Node”, I need to know how Incognito can you help me sleep better at night. I’d like to know how your team checks and ensures that updates to “Nodes” do not contains a backdoors or faulty code that could open up the possibility for a hacker to access my home network and PCs / devices connected to my network?

Thanks.

2 Likes

For this concern, I hope that @binh can help to explain.

1 Like

Hi Peter, I posted this comment 3 weeks and I haven’t heard anything from @binh. I have held off buying a node, but I heard there is a new Node coming out in Aug (as per July Update on YouTube). I’m hoping to have my comment above address before then.

1 Like

3 months?

3 weeks is also long though

2 Likes

Oops, my bad… I made a typo meant to say “weeks”. I have fixed my post @Dog - thanks.

1 Like

Hi @Linnovations
Thanks for your interest in our product.
For all of the node we produce:

1. We don’t store and we don’t know the router IP of your home network.
  2. So, nobody via the device can access or control your network.
  3. The government can’t access your device via our system because we don’t know your IP and we don’t store your IP as stated above.
  4. We just have the Quality control and Audit testing by the Internal team.
  5. The only way to update the Node is via the Incognito wallet app, every update must pass the Quality Assurance process before you can download it from the store.
5 Likes

Does anyone know how much electricity the Node in average per month consumes? Or is it really all the time 65W even when the Node is waiting to be selected?

1 Like

Hi @sato, pNode itself works like an Intel NUC. At idle (let’s say: waiting to be selected), it consumes about 8 watts - 12 watts.
If anyone in the community could share an exact number, it would be great :100:

2 Likes

Thank you Peter for the info… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks Peter, this is already helping me a lot :+1:

1 Like

Between 3 and 5 watts for my pNode in waiting state.

7 Likes

Thanks @inccry this sounds even better :grinning: :+1:

1 Like

I was curious about the size of SSD and what happens if pNode run out of storage memory, and im reading and reading…

Celeron J3455, a quad-core 64-bit x86 desktop microprocessor

To my knowledge at least on this planet is not possible :smiley: it is 64bit microprocessor with 64bit ISA (J3455), unless you put 32bit OS, it may be a typo… @Ducky

size of the SSD disk pNODE is 500 Gb.
with current, we promise it cant not use full size for 1 year.
after that if run out of storage, you should replace new SSD with bigger size.

That is more than a little disturbing. I remember when adjusting the code resulted in a major decrease in disk space usage. It was supposed to make the pNode last for a long time. Are you saying everyone who owns a pNode has to keep screwdrivers ready to replace HDs within a year?

3 Likes

I think Binh means the opposite - that it won’t reach capacity in 1 year, not that it will…

I understand, but no promises after that. It would be more helpful to state how much space is currently used. That will give a better indication of how long the disk could theoretically last.

4 Likes

I believe we’re currently at about 40 GB max 52 GB. Re lifespan estimates, I’ll defer to @hungngo.

Edit for clarity: the fullnode (assigned to all 8 shards for the past year) is at about 52 GB. how much data per pNode would depend on random assignment (40 GB is a somewhat realistic but probably quite unhelpful estimate in retrospect).

5 Likes

Thanks. I didn’t consider this a problem for myself, but it would be to others who bought the pNode relying on the plug and play/easy to use aspect.

4 Likes

The power cord for one of my pnodes has quit (the cord for my second pnode will power it); can anyone tell me what kind of cord I should be looking at for a replacement? I’m not sure what the actual connector is called.