pNode specifications

Physical Node device: specifications and details

Specs Details
Processor 4 - core 1.5Ghz quad-score Intel Celeron J3455 Apollo Lake (Goldmont), 4C/4T, 1.5 - 2.3 GHz, 14nm,2 MB L2, 10W TDP
Memory 4GB DDR3L-1600/1866 1.35V SO-DIMM
Storage 512GB SSD PCIe-Gen2. SATA3 6Gb/s
Communications Wifi (Intel Dual Band Wieless-AC 3168) Ethernet (1x Realtek RTL8168/8111 Gigabit LAN)
Size 3.5’’ x 4.9’’ x 6.9’’ (L x W x H)
Weight 2 lbs
Electrical and operating req Line voltage: 100-240 AC
Operating system -20 Celsius degrees to +60 Celsius degrees
Power 65W
Warranty 1 year
In the box Incognito Node, Power Cord, Manual, Thank you note
Operating system Ubuntu 18.04

meo

Specs in more detail

• One of the perks of Node over other cryptocurrency mining hardware is that it fits right in the palm of your hand. Node measures just 3.5’’ x 4.9’’ x 6.9’’ (L x W x H) and weighs just 2 lbs. It’s easily portable and fits seamlessly into any room.

• The processor (also known as a central processing unit or CPU), has a huge effect on the overall performance of Node. A fast processor gives Node more speed when operating. The processor of Node is the Celeron J3455, a quad-core 64-bit x86 desktop microprocessor introduced by Intel in 2016. It is based on Goldmont microarchitecture and is manufactured on a 14 nm process. The chip operates at 1.5 GHz with burst frequency of 2.3 GHz and has a TDP of 10 W. This MPU incorporates Intel’s HD Graphics 500 GPU operating at 250 MHz with a burst frequency of 750 MHz.

• RAM indicates how fast or slow Node will be able to operate. For the device working to power the Incognito privacy network, 4 GB of RAM is used. The RAM device’s name is Crucial 4GB DDR3L-1600/1866 SODIMM. Also, Node has 512 gigabytes of storage. The capacity fits kind of storage-heavy work like powering privacy crypto network.

• Node can communicate well with wireless network adapter in Intel dual-band wireless-ac 3168 model and with local-area network adapter in 1x Realtek RTL8168/8111 Gigabit LAN.

• The input voltage for a Node to properly operate is 100-240 AC. The 65W Power Supply keeps it charged.

• The operating system is Ubuntu 18.04

• The ideal temperature for Node is between -20 Celsius degrees to +60 Celsius degrees. Node operates well in a range of typical indoor conditions.

• Node is backed by a 1-year warranty. If you believe it is a manufacturer’s defect, just send your Node to us. We’ll verify the problem, fix it, and send your Node back to you so you can keep powering the network & earning.

• When you open the box, you’ll see your Node, the power cord, international power plug adapters, an instruction manual, and a thank you note from us. Watch Chris from our team unbox the Node here.

20 Likes

Hi Jason, can I have 2 Nodes that are running at the same place?

2 Likes

Yes, you can :laughing:. Little weird this one didn’t get an answer yet.

2 Likes

I was trying to improve the “First response time” at that moment :joy:

3 Likes

I would like to know more about the software running on these node hardware devices.

Reason being, I’d like some reassurance that once I connect this device to my home network, that the software installed on these device is not monitoring my network traffic and spying on me and my family’s internet activity.

With all the government surveillance going on, can the Incognito team please provide some assurance for folks running a “Node” that these devices are safe?

Can someone share any credible 3rd party security audits that have been conducted on “Node” devices from a hardware/software perspective where they have tested the devices and can safely say they are free backdoor hacks and spy capabilities etc?

You mention these “Node” devices are pushed regular firmware/software updates. What is your testing criteria of these updates before they get distributed?

If I purchase a “Node”, I need to know how Incognito can you help me sleep better at night. I’d like to know how your team checks and ensures that updates to “Nodes” do not contains a backdoors or faulty code that could open up the possibility for a hacker to access my home network and PCs / devices connected to my network?

Thanks.

2 Likes

For this concern, I hope that @binh can help to explain.

1 Like

Hi Peter, I posted this comment 3 weeks and I haven’t heard anything from @binh. I have held off buying a node, but I heard there is a new Node coming out in Aug (as per July Update on YouTube). I’m hoping to have my comment above address before then.

1 Like

3 months?

3 weeks is also long though

2 Likes

Oops, my bad… I made a typo meant to say “weeks”. I have fixed my post @Dog - thanks.

1 Like

Hi @Linnovations
Thanks for your interest in our product.
For all of the node we produce:

1. We don’t store and we don’t know the router IP of your home network.
  2. So, nobody via the device can access or control your network.
  3. The government can’t access your device via our system because we don’t know your IP and we don’t store your IP as stated above.
  4. We just have the Quality control and Audit testing by the Internal team.
  5. The only way to update the Node is via the Incognito wallet app, every update must pass the Quality Assurance process before you can download it from the store.
5 Likes

Does anyone know how much electricity the Node in average per month consumes? Or is it really all the time 65W even when the Node is waiting to be selected?

1 Like

Hi @sato, pNode itself works like an Intel NUC. At idle (let’s say: waiting to be selected), it consumes about 8 watts - 12 watts.
If anyone in the community could share an exact number, it would be great :100:

2 Likes

Thank you Peter for the info… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks Peter, this is already helping me a lot :+1:

1 Like

Between 3 and 5 watts for my pNode in waiting state.

7 Likes

Thanks @inccry this sounds even better :grinning: :+1:

1 Like

I was curious about the size of SSD and what happens if pNode run out of storage memory, and im reading and reading…

Celeron J3455, a quad-core 64-bit x86 desktop microprocessor

To my knowledge at least on this planet is not possible :smiley: it is 64bit microprocessor with 64bit ISA (J3455), unless you put 32bit OS, it may be a typo… @Ducky

size of the SSD disk pNODE is 500 Gb.
with current, we promise it cant not use full size for 1 year.
after that if run out of storage, you should replace new SSD with bigger size.

That is more than a little disturbing. I remember when adjusting the code resulted in a major decrease in disk space usage. It was supposed to make the pNode last for a long time. Are you saying everyone who owns a pNode has to keep screwdrivers ready to replace HDs within a year?

3 Likes

I think Binh means the opposite - that it won’t reach capacity in 1 year, not that it will…