(Solved) pNode not connecting to network

Try unplugging the ethernet cable. Unplug the power cable. Plug the ethernet cable into the pNode and ensure it clicks into the connector. After that plug the pNode in again and watch the lights on the side of the pNode.

If this does not fix the issue, let me know and we can try more advanced troubleshooting.

Yes, the lights flashed during the power cycle. But the device is not coming online.

In that case, you will need to use a credit card or something thin and pop the side (plastic side where HDMI connects) off and access the HDMI cable port. Once the side is removed connect the pNode to a TV or monitor and send a picture of what comes on the screen after booting.

Do you have image of this, what needs to be poped out?

There are 6 plastic clips (red circles) holding the plastic panel on. Slide a thin card or tool along the magenta lines to pop the side off.

This is what I see upon hard reboot.

Connect a USB keyboard and type

fsck -yf /dev/sda2

and then hit enter.

You will be asked various prompts. Just type y and then hit enter for each.

After it is finished type reboot and then hit enter. Wait for it to boot again and let me know what it does.

This issue is generally caused by power issues or pulling the plug on the pNode.

I see this one and the device is back online. What do I do now?

Run an SSD check with the following:

sudo apt install smartmontools
sudo smartctl -t long /dev/sda

Wait 12 minutes

sudo smartctl -l selftest /dev/sda

Do you suspect any SSD failure? I see that the pNode is syncing now.

Best to make sure there was no damage during a power failure.

Does this look good?

Yep, the SSD appears to be in good health.

If you need to shut down the pNode connect via SSH or USB keyboard and type

sudo shutdown -h now

How to connect via ssh?

Fire up PowerShell on Windows or Terminal on Mac/Linux and

Thank you, that works!

1 Like

Everything seems to be fine now.

1 Like

Holy Smokes… @Jared …awesome tech support…very impressive…thank you for the posting and support of this member… :100: :sunglasses:

1 Like

@Jared I am a little concerned about the password for the pNode being publicly available. Is it possible to change the password for my local pNode without affecting functionality?

If so, can you provide instructions for us pNode owners so we can secure our nodes individually?

Thanks

Majority of all routers have a firewall that will block access to port 22 by default. However, it is possible to change the password. Once you SSH into the pNode run the following:

passwd

You will be prompted to enter the current password (Binh!2345) and then enter a new password and confirm it afterwards. Please understand that changing the password requires you to remember your password and if it is lost you will have to disassemble the pNode to reflash the OS.