Pick up new nodes first

Can we have the new nodes picked up first (just for the very first time) so that people can verify the setup is right.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to say here? Pick up the new nodes first?

Got what you mean. From marketing perspective and user satisfaction, it could be a good step. But from the decentralization and security perspective, it goes against the principles.

I think @taruneldho means that new nodes got priority to be selected in the next committee.

1 Like

@andrey, That’s exactly what I meant, new nodes get priority to be selected in the next committee.

But, could be please explain why this could be bad step from decentralization and security perspective?

1. if every node has the same probability to be chosen - it’s much more fair than prioritize new nodes or old nodes
  2. if you prioritize new nodes, it’s will be quite easy to set up 300 new nodes at once and get control of the whole committee, which makes attack angle quite simple and focused
3 Likes

Lol…sorry but I do not think that is going to happen…the members with older nodes would not dig it me thinks

1 Like

@andrey, Thank you for the explanation. How about fixed %, say (5%) new nodes get prioritized for the next committee. That way, an attack can be avoided.

And since every new node gets prioritized once. It would be still fair as the effective probability is still equal.

Here’s (some really bad) pseudo-code to show why that would be a bad idea.

while (true) {
    checkEarningStatus;

if ( $earningStatus -eq 1) {
        startUnstake;
    }

checkUnstakeStatus;

if ( $unstakeStatus -eq 1) {
        $oldStake = $newStake

createNewNodeVirtual;
        stakeNewNode;
        startRewardWithdrawOldNodeVirtual;

if ( $withdrawStatus -eq 1) {