One time use addresses?? Do they exist?

Hi, is there a way to generate a new address on demand for my prv wallet? Currently it seems to always use the same address…id be more comfortable being able to use OTA / sub addresses . Thanks in advance !

3 Likes

I was wondering the same

1 Like

The address is a one time use address and will expire after use. Easiest way to get another PRV address is to select a different wallet under the app.

The pubkey doesn’t let anyone view transaction history which is why it doesn’t need to change.

1 Like

Not as far as I can tell. I’ve been moving prv through several wallets on a few phones and the address ALWAYS remains the same.

Yes I am aware it is confidential and uses all the great privacy tech BUT so does monero and they allow sub addresses, same with zcash.

Yes I am also aware I can create a new pk by adding / creating a new Keychain but that is very silly to do for only trying to create a few one time addresses. Remember privacy is best achieved when using multiple layers of it.

I’m sure this can be achieved via an update or something, most crypto projects I have seen can create an infinite number of addresses to hand out to people per pk.

1 Like

So you can use monero this way if you want also but they recommend using sub addresses for the best anonymity

1 Like

Perhaps when they create the HD wallets this will be allowed. That’s on the roadmap for this month. App v.4

3 Likes

Hi @Matt6412,

We are working on privacy v2 that will enable the OTA feature for Incognito transactions. Please check this post for more information about OTA.

In addition, we are working on Confidential Asset (CA) that will help to hide the asset transacted in each transaction. Please check here.

7 Likes