Official pNode Troubleshooting Guide

@Jared There’s a spelling error in the command output above for the word ‘protocol’

Hello @sysfu,

Are you referring to @mpilot’s comment?

Correct. Also my node is down for two days, beacon stalled. Tried restarting docker, then restarting node, then deleting beacon, no success. Tried to pull logs to send to support but it downloads a zero byte error.log file. Tried deleting all data along with upgrading OS, still stalled beacon. HALP!

Do you have a chance to do a remote session? I can connect in now if you are available. Download TeamViewer (www.TeamViewer.com) and send me the generated User ID and passcode via PM.

Yes, give me five minutes and I will DM you the ID.

1 Like

@Jared A question and request.

Question: When I used the pnode dashboard at port 5000 and tap on system version red button at bottom, I get the following json output:

{“sensors”: [“product_control”, “stop_check_update”, “continue_check_update”, “check_internet_connection”, “start_check_internet_connection”],
“version”: “2.0.2”,
“type”: 0,
“is_service”: 1,
“boot”: true,
“application_file”: “main.py”
}

Should this product control Version number here “2.0.2” correspond to firmware version number displayed in phone app or perhaps to some other number ?
[It should also be noted that my pnode firmware version number does NOT consistently display in the wallet app screen under the ip address of pnode.]

The above relates to my request below:

As a node operator and wallet user, I would like to know easily that I am running all the most recent versions which now involves separate version numbers like the TAG number of the docker container, the firmware version of the pnode, and the phone app version and perhaps the above product control version. It is kind of inconvenient to track all these down in separate threads on this forum. Is there a way somewhere in this forum to have a PINNED page or a CATEGORY where with one click I jump to a post that lists all the current/latest version numbers of each software component of the network that we all should be running in order to be up to date. It would nice to have a quick and easy place to check all of our different version numbers against what the devs are saying is the latest published versions of each. It wouldn’t have to be much, but easily found here in the forum and updated when needed.

Current Docker Tag:
Current Wallet Version:
Current Pnode Firmware Version:
etc.

2 Likes

@Socrates, This is a great idea! I will put together a short post soon with all up-to-date information for Validators and pin it permanently to the Validators category here on the forum.

Give me a little bit to compile all the information and get the links arranged. I will also personally update it as new versions of things are released.

1 Like

@Jared Thanks for the pinned current versions post. That will be helpful to us all.

You didn’t answer my question above about the “version” number I get in the json file when I tap on “system version” button in the pnode dashboard terminal window. What does this version number refer to? Pnode firmware version? Or something else?

Ah, sorry about that. I wasn’t ignoring you just waiting for a reply back from the devs.

1 Like

Hi @Socrates that is version of product control . ( the dashboard) .
For firmware version : you can check in app wallet.

1 Like

When I open my node’s dashboard on port 5000 my interface looks totally different… what am I doing wrong?
Screenshot 2021-10-18 at 10.37.54

@scooter,

Follow this guide to update it:

Okay… there was no way to update using the app. The only way that worked was the following one:

cd ~/aos/ability/

wget http://s3.amazonaws.com/robotbase-cloud-2/static/upload_apps/product_control_2.0.2_2_411.zip

unzip -o product_control_2.0.2_2_411.zip

cd ~/

tmux kill-session -t brain

bash ~/aos/boot.sh

sudo service supervisor restart

sudo service nginx restart

However the interface doesn’t show any firmware version:

Screenshot 2021-10-18 at 10.59.06

1 Like

I noticed recently that my Node is ‘unstaked’ / slashed. i tried following the guide above, but while i can locate my node, i cannot get to anything that looks like the dashboard pictured in Figure 2 - pNode Dashboard. I note that my Node’s status is Offline, but I can’t find any resources to get me un-stuck from there.

1 Like

Hello @justinglen,

Did you follow the guide linked at the top to upgrade your dashboard prior to following this guide?

After a power outage yesterday I have been unable to fix my pnode. I tried to restart docker, reboot. No success. I tried to delete the offending shard and beacon. No success. I tried reboot again with no success. Power cycled, no success. Tried firmware update, no success. My firmware shows version 2.0.0.
Still stalled, both beacon and shard 7.
Node shows offline.
It appears that docker is in an endless restarting loop since the power outage. When I reboot the node, it shows docker as running every time, after about 30s it changes to docker restarting. Also, the docker ps button shows docker restarting status.
I had power outages before…every time the troubleshooting guide worked perfectly, but not this time.
See screenshots.

I wonder what could cause docker to get stuck in a restarting loop. Obviously the power outage and serious surge that preceded it ( enough to physically fry my UPS!!) corrupted some files.

1 Like

Sorry I uploaded the first screenshot 3 times, app was slow. They are taken after a reboot. Docker first shows running, 30s later changes to restarting, and so on endlessly.

Hello @Bernhard_Wolf,

Please send a message to the @Support account so we can more easily assist you. I’m sure we can get your pNode up and running again.

1 Like

same thing happened to me and i’ve been dealing with it since October. Not happy.