Obscure or clean, trace and transaction, how to, precisely

Please I need help, I have a situation and don’t find a precise answer.

I have got BTC from a Centralize exchange, then I have got BTC from a DEX, being ignorant about the best anonymity practice, I did the mistake of sending them all together to the same software wallet, contaminating the anonymity process.

My intention is to keep separated the CEX BTCs transactions in a wallet, different from the DEX transactions in another wallet so they cant be traced together.

I discovered incognito and want to “clean” the earlier “contaminated” process by sending all the BTC together to an account in Incognito before sending them to a Cold Wallet.

Questions:

1 - Sending BTC from an outside wallet, to the Incognito wallet in: Assets, Shield my crypto, is enough to have them Shield? or do I have to do an extra step inside to get the pBTC? (as I don’t see the pBTC no where in the app).

2 - Once the BTC are in my wallet in Incognito, its enough to send them directly to my cold wallet to break the trace from where they came from? Or…

3 - Or is it necessary to send the BTC from my Incognito wallet to different Incognito wallet (Inside incognito the two of them) before sending them finally to my Cold wallet outside Incognito, to break the trace in the process?

4 - The last: is it enough to buy crypto inside Incognito, with another crypto coming from outside Incognito, to “cut” the traces, before I send them to my cold wallet?

IN RESUME

I ask my self If I should use Incognito as a filter to “clean” or delete the trace of BTC before sending them to a cold wallet, and what would be the best way of doing that.

How does it work?

Thank you for the help!!

You should read this: Privacy question on this use case?

Yes. If the BTC transaction has more than 6 confirmations then a little bit of time is needed after this to change the BTC into pBTC on the app. Please go into the wallet that you shielded to and pull down from the top to force refresh your balances.

No, Sending the same amount in and then right back out is not secure and someone looking would notice. Incognito is not meant to be a mixing service.

Again, Incognito is not meant to be a mixing service, and using Incognito in this fashion will not result in any added privacy.

This could still be traced back to you as both amounts would be worth the same fiat amounts. It sounds like you are looking for a mixing service, which Incognito is not.

The article @abduraman linked to is a good read and helps to explain things. TL;DR if you are just looking for a quick way to hide the source of your crypto Incognito will not be the answer for you.

1 Like