Node

@Peter & @Jamie provided support to me.

10 Likes

Hi Everyone
Same issue as some other folks; unit arrived with the plug in side popped off. I snapped it back in and fallowed the set up instructions while plugged in via Ethernet cable to router. No acknowledgement that I am connected. The node shows up in my accounts though. So, am I hooked up? Am I still syncing? Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Bromo

10 Likes

Makes two of us!!

7 Likes

The Ethernet setup is different from the WIFI setup, did you use the correct instructions?

8 Likes

Hi Jamie, My search for more detailed (correct) instructions lead me to
https://incognitodoc.gitbook.io/workspace/manually-set-up-pnode-on-wallet
fallowing those instructions got me as far as scanning for the IP address with the advanced ip scanner. It came up with my desktop, my router and my printer as well as one dead. I tried also with the angry IP with less results.
The node itself is lit up where the Ethernet cable is plugged into it. Are there other set up instruction you can point me to?
Thank You for the reply

7 Likes

Not that I know of. When the Node doesn’t show up, the only way to try to wake it is by setting up a meeting with @Peter so he can remotely check the Node.

9 Likes

Does anyone know when @Peter will be online? I had an appointment at 7 but no one but me came to the meeting.

7 Likes

Let me check with him using other channels.

8 Likes

All is well! It’s fixed and online!! Thank you!!

12 Likes

I just found out by logging in to the team platform. Congratz!
I am really glad things have been solved.

15 Likes

Happy 2x pNode Owner

22 Likes

I was an early user, and didn’t have the options you have. So my pnode is funded. Honestly I’m still learning how it all works!

12 Likes

Hey martin, you can always unstake and buy 1750 PRV to stake and earn 100% of it.

11 Likes

i had just bought the node with my 199 Dai :smile: but i have a question when setting up the node do you have to open up certain ports on your router and firewall?

9 Likes

Hi @Brandon_Thompson, there is no need to do it.

7 Likes

okay, is there i specific reason why not? i mean wouldn’t it be better if the ports that the node uses to be open all the time and have your router listening for those ports? oh and i have another question as well do i need to assign the node a static IP in my router as well?

7 Likes

I just plugged my pnode in and fed it my WiFi password. Been fine with that for 5 months now.

11 Likes

It will be complicated in my opinion. While our target is to make a plug-and-play device at the very first time.

9 Likes

Just installed a few pnodes with the new setup process. HUGE improvement over the first pnode I got in December. Very sleek app process. Well done! @Peter and Incognito Team.

9 Likes

How is the new setup different from previous? I had problems with the wallet/node setup and used the desktop app.

Cheers

8 Likes