Node not found on Node Watcher

Today the node on node watcher says : “In shard number 5. Pending…” …what does it mean? Thanks.

Pending means your Node has been randomly selected to participate in committee validation.

Around the half way mark of each epoch, a new group of Nodes are selected to enter committee. This phase is called Pending. While in Pending, your Node will sync the chain for the shard it will be entering. As a result, a Node will remain in Pending for ~1.5 epochs. This is the (roughly) second half of the epoch it was first selected in and the entirety of the following epoch.

After those 1.5 epochs, your Node will move to committee where it will begin validating blocks in the assigned shard.

A Node will remain in committee for at least two consecutive epochs and sometimes will remain in committee for three consecutive epochs.

After two (or three) earning epochs, the Node will be returned to the waiting pool, where it will await the next random selection.

Thus, once a Node status has changed to Pending, it will begin validating/earning in ~6 hours. The Node will validate/earn for 8 (2 epochs) to 12 (3 epochs) hours then return the waiting pool.

5 Likes

Good…thanks a lot for explaining!

Hi, all has been running fine until now. I got message from the Nito bot that the node is not showing up. I checked in the app which confirmed connection issue. I don’t know why this happened but anyway I restarted the node, now It shows ok in the app but in the Node Watcher i get message “Node cannot be found”. Can you please help me with it…thanks!

Nito says the node is waiting …so I think it should be alright…but I’m not sure why the Node Watcher doesnt see the node now.

@Josef All nodes, vNodes/pNodes are working as expected just the information isnt being pulled correctly from the trackers/explorers. But i can confirm nodes are working as expected.

Thanks Chucky, so its just some known glitch happening? If the node is shows alright in my app but the Node Watcher or Nito says its not showing up in the network…its fine? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey this is a nodewatcher/nito issue.

Alright…what is than the best way to check if the node is ok in the network?

Well right now you cant check. But it is alive and well, that much i can tell you :slight_smile:

1 Like

:slight_smile: thank you!

Nito has been given a temporary fix.

Nito and Node Watcher didn’t change mainnet fullnode :wink:

2 Likes

Is the nodewatcher working properly? I’m not sure why my nodes can’t be found?

Hey @Nubex, pls keep yourself in the loop of Node watcher issue here.

1 Like

@Nubex

Unfortunately the API served by the Incognito team stopped working properly: https://mainnet.incognito.org/fullnode

@Ducky could you connect me with the developer behind the fullnode API?

Hi @raz and all others builders,

Our devs will build a high scale fullnode to support outside builders’ requests. It’s estimated to be done within a week.

In the meantime, we are working on having a normal fullnode as a temporary solution by tomorrow.

3 Likes

Hi again folks! Now I noticed that the Incognito App has issues connecting to my node too. It says "…can’t reach your node… - fix it ". But the Node has blue light and Nito has no issues connecting to it this time :slight_smile: …So shell I ignore that? It would be great to have some reliable tool to check the node is online and operating. Thanks.

Hi @Josef, when you see that “Fix it” message, simply replug/ power cycle the Node.
Then, if the “fix it” message is not gone after 5-10 minutes, simply ignore it.
We are still working on a UI update and a firmware update to improve this situation.

3 Likes

Hi all, my “Node cannot be found” on “watch.incognito.market”.

Also, NITO (on telegram) replies “Sorry, I didn’t find 4122 on the network, please verify you have entered the public key for your node. (Not the validator or private key for example.).

Are these the problems referred to in this thread? Are we still waiting for this issue to be resolved?

My pNODE is 4122-133960 and is connected, according to my “Power” tab in the app.

Hi @17Strife, in this case, I would like to tag the owner of these products.
Please advise :slight_smile: @raz @Josh_Hamon