Node Earnings Statistics - Updated 5/2/22

This is the next update in earnings statistics across my vNodes:

Recent averages per vNode:
Weekly Earnings = 30 PRV (~$22)
APY = 89% (based on 1750 PRV staking fee)

(I have removed the graphs to keep my personal info private, but DM me if you want more details on how I reached these stats.
Disclaimer: I do not work for Incognito.)

58 Likes

this is amazing @Mike_Despo! thank you for taking the time to do this weekly. i think it’s really helpful for new validators to understand the actual economics of running one. cc @annie

9 Likes

@Mike_Despo this is very clear and helpful. thanks for doing this. you should earn “Good Neighbor” for this weekly dedicated work. :wink:

12 Likes

@Mike_Despo
Hi, what is your setup, are you running one big server or many servers also see some going 0 for a week or two I guess this is common? My thoughts are like Is it better to stake for the 57% through the app or run a vnode? Currently I’m running two vnodes.

5 Likes

These are all run through Jservers. Yes it’s possible for one single node to earn 0 multiple weeks in a row. It’s the larger overall picture that is important, like say 6 months to a year. It may not earn for 3 weeks, and then you’ll have one REALLY good week. It currently balances out to:

Based on those stats, it’s financially much more lucrative to have a vNode at 123% than to be in the staking pool for 57%. But the benefit of the staking pool is that you can pull out your money much faster.

15 Likes

@Mike_Despo Great JOB :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

5 Likes

To me, comparing 123% and 57% is a little bit unfair :slight_smile: Afaik, you pay 6 PRV for each week at Jservers. Then, your weekly earnings become 35 PRV. In this case, your APR becomes 105%.

7 Likes

Oh yes that’s true about the Jserver fee.
Regardless, the conclusion is the same which answers the question asked: Based on the stats, it’s financially much more lucrative to have a vNode than to be in the staking pool.

If you got a vNode with DigitalOcean or GoogleCloud, your fees will be much higher than Jservers and then I’d recommend taking a good look at what your net APY becomes.
@palumboe1

7 Likes

Just an amazing job, @Mike_Despo!

I totally agree with you.

5 Likes

Hey, @Mike_Despo, awesome stats! Is that spreadsheet template something you could share with the community? It looks like a useful tool for tracking vNode earnings.

7 Likes

Hey, I’m using Numbers on my Macbook. Not sure how to post an editable Numbers template on here without it just being a screenshot. Any ideas?

4 Likes

Google sheets

4 Likes

I guess I’m not the only one who received no payment this week

5 Likes

I can export my Numbers Template into Google Sheets?

4 Likes

Last week’s earning was pretty low for me too

5 Likes

I would create them in google sheets then you can export it to anything or make it editable instead of an image

4 Likes

I believe we are starting to see too many nodes and not enough market usage to continue getting the returns that were previously reported.

The only thing I see being a fix for this is faster network adoption and/or the decrease in “fixed” core dev nodes.

8 Likes

I think also a lot of problems with the network this week halted a lot of transactions

4 Likes

Agreed that there are more nodes now, but only 100 node increase over the past month which isnt enough to create this big of a difference in earnings averages . If it was an increase of 1000 nodes, then yes definitely.
IMG_20200428_154609_611

11 Likes

Is there a minimum amount required to use the staking pool?

4 Likes