abduraman - IncogWhaleBot - A Whale Alert Bot for Incognito Ecosystem

Hello everyone,

I release my first product: A whale alert bot for Incognito ecosystem

First, let me define what a whale is:

An individual or organization that holds a large amount of Bitcoins or other cryptocurrency , allowing them to impact the markets.

(Source: https://academy.binance.com/en/glossary/whale)

There are two important elements in that definition: large amount and impact the markets. Those two elements require a metric to measure how large it should be. My response to this is:

If a transfer may impact the price of the pDEX pair that contains the transferred crypto by more than %1 up/down, it is a transfer performed by a whale.

This is my definition and it is *pDEX-centric*. **Let me go through some examples.**

If someone shields 100,000 MATIC (~1650 USDT as of now), there is a possibility that she will sell it in pDEX. If she sold all of it, the price of PRV/MATIC would increase by more than %1 (in the current liquidity condition for PRV/MATIC pair). So this shielding is counted as a transfer performed by a whale.

If someone shields 1650 USDT, there is a possibility that she will sell it in pDEX. If she sold all of it, the price of PRV/USDT would increase by less than %1 (in the current liquidity condition for PRV/USDT pair). So this shielding is not counted as a transfer performed by a whale although it has the same worth (in USDT) which the MATIC transfer above has.

If someone shields 5000 USDT, there is a possibility that she will sell it in pDEX. If she sold all of it, the price of PRV/USDT would increase by more than %1 (in the current liquidity condition for PRV/USDT pair). So this shielding is counted as a transfer performed by a whale.

As you may see, a whale transfer is decided according to how large its amount may impact the corresponding market.

After this background, I can present my product: **IncogWhaleBot for Twitter & Telegram**

To be notified of the whale transfers as they happen, you need just to follow the bot’s :tada: :whale: :rotating_light: Twitter account or :tada: :whale: :rotating_light:Telegram channel.

Please note that since Incognito is a private chain, not all transfers are public. I will try to report all public whale transfers as much as possible as time goes.

Please leave me feedback :writing_hand: on everything you think makes :whale: IncogWhaleBot :whale: better.

Feature Matrix:

Feature/Channel Basic Trade Shield Liquidity
Trade :white_check_mark: :white_check_mark: :no_entry: :no_entry:
Shield :white_check_mark: :no_entry: :white_check_mark: :no_entry:
Unshield :no_entry: :no_entry: Soon :no_entry:
Liquidity Addition :no_entry: :no_entry: :no_entry: :white_check_mark:
Liquidity Removal :white_check_mark: :no_entry: :no_entry: :white_check_mark:
Stake :no_entry: :no_entry: :no_entry: :no_entry:
Unstake :white_check_mark: :no_entry: :no_entry: :no_entry:
Twitter :link: :no_entry: :no_entry: :no_entry:
Telegram :link: :link: :link: :link:

Roadmap:

• The reporting for Telegram channel will be enabled.
  • The whale transactions of liquidity removals from pDEX will be reported.
  • Unstaking will be reported.
  • Large trades will be reported.
  • Research how to report the liquidity removals from Provide. If possible, it will be implemented.
  • Advanced bot to report the reverse transactions (unshield, stake, liquidity addition etc.)
  • Visual improvements.

Changelog

Version Features Date
1.0.0 Initial release reporting large shield transactions in Twitter 2020-10-15T21:00:00Z
1.0.1 Reporting to Telegram channel enabled. Reports for large trades started. 2020-10-18T21:00:00Z
1.0.2 No new feature. Bugs fixed. Decoupling of IncognitoSDK-Python. 2020-10-24T21:00:00Z
1.0.3 Minimum liquidity (10,000 USD) requirement activated. Bugs fixed. 2020-11-08T21:00:00Z
1.0.4 Unstake reported. Liquidity removal from pDEX reported. Independent fullnode implemented. Bugs fixed. 2020-11-22T21:00:00Z
1.0.5 New Telegram channel for the whale trades. Link preview disabled. 2020-11-24T21:00:00Z
1.0.6 Link preview disabled for all Telegram channels. 2020-11-28T21:00:00Z
1.0.7 New Telegram channels for the whale shield and liquidity transactions. 2020-12-14T21:00:00Z
1.0.8 Cashtags instead of hashtags. Explorer link bug fixed. 2021-09-25T21:00:00Z

Tips are welcome!

12sq2jYemWRrGzTCExBj2G9WKL4M4bJEDHbHuP7od2Y7C2rTD12uwhobNBWm6RyhU3KpTwWCG9QCeJNi5TtmATEtdNFAFLgvKPq9ymHC1jMc8b9Hdh7vf2yA3NyBkzaxKDVP8LG6Pxj7yzEAbJbp

12sq2jYemWRrGzTCExBj2G9WKL4M4bJEDHbHuP7od2Y7C2rTD12uwhobNBWm6RyhU3KpTwWCG9QCeJNi5TtmATEtdNFAFLgvKPq9ymHC1jMc8b9Hdh7vf2yA3NyBkzaxKDVP8LG6Pxj7yzEAbJbp

Source Code: https://github.com/abduramann/incogwhalebot

27 Likes

Cool product :+1:

A simple question: why don’t you report big trades?

2 Likes

Will do but I forgot adding it into Roadmap :slight_smile:

Edit: Updated just now.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot @abduraman, cool project for our community :+1:

1 Like

I’m looking for this kind of products for a long time, before this i always must to visit incscan to search the transactions for trade

3 Likes

:mega: v1.0.1 released :whale:

New Features:

4 Likes

Hey everyone,

Sorry for an unexpected service outage. In spite of the bot’s fault-tolerancy, it seems that the service was unable to serve from 9:21 AM UTC. We restored the service at 01:39 PM UTC and checked shieldings and trades during the outage. No large shieldings and trades exists. FYI.

1 Like

Thank you Abduraman. If I understand correctly, the code you produced allows you to calculate the variation in the price of a pair following a transaction and to issue an alert if the variation is greater than 1%?
So I ask the following question: Would it be possible to implement a column with the percentage of variant in incscan? This same code could also be implemented in the asset menu of the app (combined with a timestamp (truncated) of the transaction on which the percentage calculation is based?

:mega: v1.0.2 released :whale:

Changes:

• Bugs fixed.
  • IncognitoSDK-Python library has been decoupled from the bot application.

Yes, possible. I’ve made the code public. You may request it in the corresponding topics. Best.

1 Like

Hey everyone,

I consider filtering out the notifications based on the pairs with low liquidities. Should I do it? If yes, which one should the lower limit for liquidity be?

• Do not filter out any pairs
  • 1k USD
  • 10k USD
  • 100k USD
  • 1m USD

0 voters

You may check out the current liquidities from https://incscan.io/pdex

Thanks.

IncogWhaleBot: Rebranding of NitoWhaleBot

Because of Twitter restriction on the username length, I couldn’t pick the names which I wanted. I didn’t like some usernames which comply with the restriction. One of them was IncogWhaleBot which didn’t seem phonetically good to me. However, today I’ve found out that “incog” was used as an adjective in the past times. Now, “IncogWhaleBot” fits perfectly with what the bot does. So, the new name is IncogWhaleBot and I’ve updated the links accordingly.

Region capture 92

4 Likes

As of now, at least 10k USD liquidity requirement is effective. Although we have slightly different results probably because of the calculation method, to see the pairs’ liquidities, you may use https://incscan.io/pdex page.

In sum, a shielding/trade will be reported if the shielded/traded coin has a pair (with PRV) whose liquidity is at least 10k USD, in addition to the whale criterion (+%1 price effect). A cross trade will be reported if at least one of the traded coins has at least 10k USD liquidity with its PRV pair, in addition to the whale criterion.

1 Like

Cool product, will it report big whale unstake?

1 Like

Yes. To note that, every node has the same stake (1750 PRV) in Incognito chain. So technically each unstaker is a whale :slight_smile:

1 Like

:mega: v1.0.4 released :whale:

Changes:

• Reporting unstake transactions has been enabled. Note that they are not pDEX-centric. So even if an unstake transaction does not meet the whale transaction definition (please see the first post), it will be reported.

• Reporting liquidity removal transactions has been enabled. So when a whale removes her liquidity from any pDEX pairs, it will be reported.

• An independent fullnode has been installed so that the bot does not need someone else’s fullnode anymore. Up to now, it used @inccry’s fullnode. Thanks again. Please do not disable the subscription endpoints. I can use them as backup if required :sweat_smile:

• Some minor bugs have been fixed.

3 Likes

:mega: Monthly Progress Report (November) :whale:

New Features:

• Reporting unstake transactions has been enabled. Note that they are not pDEX-centric. So even if an unstake transaction does not meet the whale transaction definition (please see the first post), it will be reported.

• Reporting liquidity removal transactions has been enabled. So when a whale removes her liquidity from any pDEX pairs, it will be reported.

• To decrease the number of notifications and to avoid spamming, reporting whale transactions (please see the first post for the definition) for the coins whose liquidities are less than 10,000 USD was disabled.

Technical Improvement:

• An independent fullnode has been installed so that the bot does not need someone else’s fullnode anymore.

• Some minor bugs have been fixed.

5 Likes

Great improvements! :slight_smile:

That’s a good idea, I’m not following your bot at the moment because too many messages.

Some ideas:

• Try to remove the link preview on Twitter and Telegram to ease the stream reading.
  • Specialized feeds: new Twitter/TG accounts per type of events (Staking / Trades / Liquidity / Shield). For example, I would follow the trades notifications only bot but not the current bot with all kinds of events.

Thanks!

3 Likes

I hear you @inccry :slight_smile:

In fact, I already have been looking for a better solution instead of a channel for each different entity like advanced filtering. Still searching though. However, upon your request, I’ve implemented another channel just for the whale trades.

Done for the channel of the whale trades in Telegram.

2 Likes

:mega: v1.0.5 released :whale:

Changes:

• A new channel (https://t.me/incogwhalebot_trade) just for the whale trades has been implemented.

• Link preview has been disabled for the channel of the whale trades. The update is coming soon for the other channels.

For the feature matrix, please see the first post.

5 Likes