New Trading Pairs ?!?

Servus! :wave:

Firstly
I noticed that some of the main top 20 coins are missing as trading pairs.
On the other hand there are totally unknown coins listed like XYO, SAI, just to name a few… And yeah I’m not a crypto nerd who knows all the 10,000+ coins by their names. Forgive me if I named super known coins by the community as example here…

However I created a poll to see what coins you’d like to see.
Don’t know if it makes sense, if devs or someone else cares…
I just picked a few, the list could have 20+ entries for sure…

• TRX
  • EOS
  • ADA
  • LTC
  • XTZ
  • ATOM
  • XLM
  • XRP

0 voters

I’m aware that adding new pairs must go hand in hand with adding more liquidity.
That’s probably the main reason why there aren’t more pairs.
But then on the other hand I see pairs like prv/ftm with zero liquidity…

Secondly
I also noticed that cross pair trading isn’t possible.
BNB is represented only in 1 market, namely BNB/PRV …
So if BNB/PRV isn’t moving I sit here stuck with my BNB and can’t buy the cheaper PRV on USDT market for example…
Why aren’t there more markets?
Ist the AMM the problem?
Isn’t there a better way to balance markets/pairs?

9 Likes

Cross pair trading is coming soon, but for the time being the best way to accomplish a trade is to use PRV as a mediator. Fees are low, so it’s not really an issue. In the meantime, trade BNB for PRV and then PRV for your desired coin.

Some pools have zero liquidity because no one has added any. If there was more demand for trades with those assets, there would be more liquidity.

As for some pairs missing, if the coin is supported, pairs can be added with PRV. But not all coins have a bridge with Incognito yet, or their privacy versions have yet to be created. At the moment, multiple popular coins, such as BTC, ETH, NEO, BNB, etc, are supported, and every ERC20 token can be added. Portal also makes branching out to nearly every coin possible, so it’s only a matter of time.

EDIT: I’ve moved your post to the “Users” category, since it is conversation around the app/pDEX.

12 Likes

Blockquote Cross pair trading is coming soon, but for the time being the best way to accomplish a trade is to use PRV as a mediator. Fees are low, so it’s not really an issue. In the meantime, trade BNB for PRV and then PRV for your desired coin.

Yeah generally that’d be possible, but here the AMM and the non synced prices come into play…
BNB price is 3% above USDT price.
And in my case I just want to buy prv (preferably at market price) and not swap coins…
Eventually you can sell the 3% as the price for privacy, and big players won’t care much. I do,… somehow 🤷‍♂

2 Likes

Oh, you want to buy PRV but the price for BNB is higher. I get that. You can use an external exchange to go from BNB<>USDT and then shield the USDT and trade for PRV, though that’s a few more steps. In the near future though, that won’t be necessary, so you can also wait for cross-pair trading.

4 Likes

@flurgx I thumb’s up tour post for XRP.
@aaron cross pair trading (and investment in LP without PRV) is back? Nooo.

ICX would also be nice :see_no_evil:

Yeah I guess I’ll wait
Either for cross pair trading or one BNB sellr

Cross pair trading… Humm… So we won’t need PRV anymore for trading and to add LP?

1 Like

Are there any plans to add a bridge to the icon chain (icx) anytime soon?

@scooter, to add that ICX token, there should have a bridge for it. I don’t think that the team will make it in 2021 as it is not mentioned in the roadmap below: Incognito's 2021 privacy roadmap for the world

1 Like

Thanks Peter! Roadmap for 2021 is already packed so this is understandable…

1 Like

@scooter Have you thought about building a bridge for it? Some users in the community are going to do the same with Tezos recently :slight_smile:

Hi @Peter, I am not a developer so unfortunately not able to help here. I am supporting @andrey though to find the right people on the cardano side to get development of that bridge started! It‘s something hopefully… :wink:

1 Like