(Outdated post) Network Explorer

Incognito pDEX is not only a place to buy and sell PRV but a place where you can trade buy and sell other crypto anonymously. From this perspective, it’s important to show the real volume of cross pool trades (BTC <> USDT, or BTC <> XMR).

If we have the options:

1. to show big total trading volume numbers
  2. to show smaller volume but calculate cross - pool numbers

I would choose the second one. Simply, it doesn’t matter if numbers are smaller, but it matters that ppl can use Incognito tech for anonymous cross-pool trading.

4 Likes

Thanks @andrey , so my proposal is:

• I don’t change api endpoints with external indexers like Nomics, so they display a smaller volume but with cross pool trades.
  • I keep the “big” volume on Incscan but I add infos about the “small” volume
    • on pDEX overview (maybe by adding a new line in the volume chart)
    • on PRV-* markets page, I try to differentiate the volume that came from PRV-* trades and cross pool trades.
    • Cross pool “fake” volume is already displayed on cross pool markets page.

My main concern is the discrepancy between external indexers and Incscan, it could be weird for a new user to see different numbers so I need to display/explain why volumes are differents (and I don’t want to remove real “big” volume numbers).

4 Likes

Proposal deployed:

• On a PRV-* market, chart looks like:
    Capture d’écran 2021-02-11 à 22.16.55
    It shows the real volume (the “big” volume) and the volume without cross pool trades (the “small” volume)

• On pDEX overview, volume chart looks like:
    Capture d’écran 2021-02-11 à 22.14.37
    So 2 lines for the volume, the “big” volume and the “small” volume, the last one matches with Nomics numbers.

Idk how to name “big” and “small” volumes, if you’ve an idea, please share.

3 Likes

Here’s my suggestion –

• Big Volume = Aggregate Volume
  • Small Volume = Synthesized Volume

You may still need a small explainer popup/text/link for each, something like:

• Aggregate Volume represents the real trading volume of the pDEX. This volume will only represent volume of PRV market pairs. These trades include both underlying trades of cross-pair trades, as well as non-cross-pair solo PRV trades.

• Synthesized Volume represents trading volume of cross-trade pairs. An executed cross-trade pair links two PRV pairs. For example, the cross-pair market pUSDT-pBTC will execute two trades, one each in PRV-pUSDT and PRV-pBTC. The two underlying trades are not represented in this volume graph. Instead the value of the trade is used to represent trade volume in cross-pair markets.

5 Likes

Capture d’écran 2021-02-11 à 23.06.08

Thank you Mike!

4 Likes

Thanks again Mike, here is my new proposal for aggregate and synthesized volume:

Synthesized volume displayed on overview and chart lines named:

Capture d’écran 2021-02-13 à 19.09.32

Tooltip shown on total volumes (tooltip content = copy paste of Mike descriptions):

Capture d’écran 2021-02-13 à 19.09.51

4 Likes

This looks amazing @inccry!

Would you consider moving the chart line names to the bottom of the chart, consistent with the way you display multiple chart lines on the Validator page?

As is, the chart lines names will always partially obscure the last two weeks of volume.

5 Likes

yep, done!

6 Likes

Great work! Alway so impressed ( and slightly jealous) with what you have created.

1 Like

Superb work you have done so far!

Incscan votes have been disabled: It was an experiment, it’s time to conclude that it’s a failed one :wink:

Coin & Pair of the month will remain, it will be chosen by me every month.

6 Likes

Sorry to hear that @inccry… question if I may…why do you think the experiment of the incscan vote failed?.. :sunglasses:

No incentive for users to vote.

2 Likes

Understood @inccry…thank you for your response…once again sorry that your experiment failed… :sunglasses:

Feel you bro! :wink:

Hey @inccry,

Network Explorer doesn’t work for 4 hours. FYI.

1 Like

Update: IncogWhaleBots also don’t work. I think we suffer the same problem. Any subscription to WebSocket interface of the fullnode causes it to restart. If you confirm the issue and find any solution, could you inform me?

Btw, RPC interface of my fullnode works correctly. Probably, yours too.

1 Like

@abduraman yeah, it’s worst after a restart, can’t connect to the highway:

2021-02-27 08:58:30.579 connmanager.go:226 [ERR] Peerv2 log: Failed refreshing highway: Connect to discover peer mainnet-bootnode.incognito.org:9330 return error dial tcp 51.83.237.29:9330: connect: connection refused:

1 Like

:warning: UNSCHEDULED MAINTENANCE :warning:

Incscan fullnode is out of sync, you won’t see new data until fullnode issue is fixed.

ETA: TBD

2 Likes

Yes, there is a serious issue since the bootnode does not work. All fullnodes have problem as of now. @Support

2 Likes