Need your input: app improvement options

I would like to see all PRV interest automatically added to the staked/provided principal PRV amount.

The current display makes me wonder whether:
A. The interest earned from my staked PRV is added to the principal PRV for reinvestment/re-staking (and is actively earning interest); or
B. The PRV interest is just sitting there, not reinvested/re-staked (and is not actively earning interest).

2 Likes

thanks for your feedback. i largely agree, and we’re brainstorming how to best solve this, as there are now additional concerns to take into account. if you are interested, my response above to crouton might shed some light about why the display is the way it is.

for now, to be clear - all prv interest already automatically compounds/ is added to the provision of that currency. this happens per currency, so you are getting the APY advertised for PRV provision (37% APY), the APY advertised for BTC provision (9% APY), and so on.

you are right in that PRV earned on BTC for example, is not being moved to PRV provision - it remains with your BTC, and compounds there, at that rate. users have the option to move it over to the PRV provision, but it’s their choice for now.

would you be in favour of changing the mechanism, so rewards for other currencies are automatically added to PRV provision, and compound there instead? it would mean that PRV is the only compounding currency, and other currencies earn APR (not APY).

could look something like this:

Screen Shot 2020-07-28 at 6.15.38 PM

if so, rates might be adjusted slightly.

5 Likes

I agree.

1 Like

I agree for us tech, privacy minded guys it feels like the right way. The question is what do we want to achieve? Attract only more tech, privacy guys. Let’s keep it like it is.

But if we want the average user to use our wallet, we should do it like suggested. In my opinion a good privacy solution should just do his job silently in the background. So let’s keep it as simple as possible and let the magic happen in the background :wink:

7 Likes

Another improvement proposal: Is it possible to synch the balance updates better somehow? Right now e.g you send or trade and after a while the account which created the transaction will show the reduced value but in the counterpart wallet the new value still does not show up at all. This creates always a lot of confusion and fear in some people. I convinced now some friends to start using incognito and they always called me nervously wanting to know if everything is ok etc.

3 Likes

:see_no_evil: i totally get you. this is down to a few reasons.

with trade for example, it’s actually multiple transactions - all executed automatically behind the scenes to make the user experience more fluid. this might explain why funds are deducted, but the newly purchased asset takes a while to reflect. sharding also complicates things slightly - if you’re interested, here’s more information.

we are also struggling a little with notifications not lining up - and will be looking to improve these discrepancies going forward. in the meantime, we’ll try to tweak the messaging in-app and guide users better, so as not to cause unnecessary panic! :crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

Can we have the combined balance from all keychains on the home screen at the top. Dollar value would be icing on the cake.

The intend is to understand the total values of all my assets on incognito like my net worth here.

5 Likes

Only if the app can track receiving history (just like it does with sending history) of my account then it would be great. Like when and how much did I receive the token

5 Likes

Probably good to have some sort of status check on the Node portion.

3 Likes

I have worked in both ui & ux. I am currently working on an app wide redesign of Incognito.

It is in wireframe stage currently, I am sure there are many things I haven’t thought of because I not regularly talking with the team and devs but hopefully it will give some ideas.

I have downloaded dozens of wallets and financial apps. It seems so far you guys are going clean ala cash app. Cash app is good and friendly, so is Robin hood (tho less since redesign).

It’s important to keep this. The best UI I have seen from any wallet is Exodus wallet (Im on Android) they have some very clever ways of giving you lots of info cleanly. It is simply beautiful and I recommended you downloaded it and play around to see what they do. I would be overjoyed if you guys copied it. Best parts I can clearly see:

1. portfolio progress over time, composition and individual cryptosystem performance on the day. It makes me feel I’m doing something, going somewhere. Numbers are static, a line is thrilling.
  2. With a tap on the crypto icon send receive and exchange are all overplayed on top of their performance
  3. Every crypto has a color palette derived from its icon that is system wide. Normally two core colors and a gradient between them. This creates a visual language so for example a dialog that says I exchanged dai for nio - they would have a yellow gradient and green gradient respectively on the text or amount mentioned.
  4. Branding, they have every cryptocurrency icon formed to a hexagon, it unique and that branding language ties that crypto to them more then a generic square or circle. I am recommending you do the same with a shield. I’ll put it in my mockup so you can see what I mean. :slight_smile:

Cheers for now. What the best place for me to post my ideas when they are ready?

9 Likes

Hey, looking forward to seeing it! Many of our members here are already in the process of building out the incognito ecosystem, including web wallets and dexes.

You can post ideas and brainstorm in the community/ideas category:
https://we.incognito.org/c/community/ideas

and if you have or are starting a build, post it in the core-dev/building category:

https://we.incognito.org/c/core-dev/building

3 Likes

Thank you. I am very stoked for this project. I believe privacy, decentralization, and permissionlessness are the essence of crypto and without those three they are nothing. Incognito allowed me to feel more comfortable getting a coinbase account knowing I can fling it all into a black box.

7 Likes

Forgot to ask, could we have a night mode? Just invert the white and the black? I do a lot of tinkering in bed and my phone gets veeery bright

5 Likes

It should be combined. Outbound could show a little text or in shielding animation or icon if it recognizes an outbound address with a little note for beginners "we see you are sending to an address off incognito, remember, outbound address cannot be shielded

-and then have it for every crypto except monero where it says “we see you are a clever fox and understand privacy, your Monero is leaving our network, have a great and private day!”

2 Likes

It’s very cool when the asks our opinion! :hugs:

3 Likes

I just posted. I did not know which one so its in ideas for now. Admin’s can move the thread if there’s a better home.
New Concept Design

1 Like

Can I have the ability to rename accounts in the app?
Can I have the ability to reorder accounts in the app?

6 Likes

(┛ಠ_ಠ)┛彡┻━┻

yes

5 Likes

┬─┬ノ( º _ ºノ)

sorry

7 Likes

I voted for the merge of shield, but I do like it the way it is. Maybe when you first install incognito have it show a one time pop up image showing what shield and unshield is or does. I really like the app the way it is now and I think YouTube videos are a good way to market and explain how to use it. I also like the idea of needing a logo…

1 Like