[Need Dev feedback] Web extension testing

This post is for developers:

Hey there!

The team basically finished the building work for Web Extension and intend to launch this product for developers first.

However, to ensure the quality of the launch, we need you guys to help us test and give feedback about:

• Chrome extension
  • Extension SDK
  • SDK document

Who interests in and volunteer for the tester? Please :raising_hand_woman: :raising_hand_man: in the comment below, our devs will reach out to you! Thanks thanks!

8 Likes

Me, The Stealer :slight_smile:

3 Likes

:raised_back_of_hand::raised_back_of_hand: interested

3 Likes

5 Likes

Me me me !

4 Likes

Interested.

4 Likes

Hi @abduraman, @Matt6412, @inccry, @justjamesdev, @cusdt.eth
Please follow below guide to test the extension and the sdk

1. Download the extension, extract it then load it into the chrome via Load unpacked in developer mode of extension manager.
  2. Open extension and create/import master key.
  3. Use the extension sdk to interact with the extension.
  4. Give us feedbacks about the extension, the sdk and the sdk’s document in this sheet.

Thank you for your support.

5 Likes

I’ve installed it into Brave browser which I mainly use. In the installation phase, the errors below are raised. Fortunately, they do not prevent it from working.

Region capture 108

However, I couldn’t find any way to import my masterless keys. I think it does not exist. I wish it existed.

2 Likes

The first version has not supported import private key. So it will not have masterless keychains.

1 Like

If you want to test web extension, I made a small integration on incscan.io:

• Connect web extension to Incscan by clicking wallet icon in the top bar

Capture d’écran 2021-02-06 à 11.53.51

• Accept connection
    Capture d’écran 2021-02-06 à 11.55.45

• If connection successfull, you’ll see your account name in the top bar
    Capture d’écran 2021-02-06 à 11.54.28

• Go to the votes page, and click on a “Vote button”. In the popup, click on “Vote with web extension”
    Capture d’écran 2021-02-06 à 11.56.02

• Validate transaction
    Capture d’écran 2021-02-06 à 11.56.05

• That’s all!

9 Likes

spreadsheet filled.

3 Likes

About global feedback:

That’s a great product, you did a very good job :slight_smile:

• I like this web extension :slight_smile: Simple, clean and powerful.
  • SDK is very easy to use. It took me 2 minutes to have something working.
  • SDK documentation is clean, thanks for usage examples, it helps.
8 Likes

That is an AMAZING integration @inccry!!! You rock!!

2 Likes

Very nice wallet! I want to make it switch to run on my local full-node but clicking repeatedly on localhost doesn’t work… should I edit something in the extension settings?

Up to now, the extension works well with Brave browser. I tested shielding, unshielding, sending, receiving.

1 Like

I am really liking the web-extension wallet. Will you be adding the trading function as well? I created a bookmark to #popout, maybe an option to pop-out the wallet could be added?

3 Likes

Trading function is in this quarter plan :smile:.

1 Like

I’ve been having frequent connection errors. It happens a few times a minute and then automatically reloads to the page I was on. I don’t think I was having these problems as much when I first started using it.

Your internet connection is currently
unstable. Please check your network
settings and try again.

I just inspected and it looks like the icanhazip calls are timing out or failing and that is causing the disconnections.