Need community help: find the right audience for the new Node Tree?

The second Node device originally planned was called the Node Pro. The Node Pro was intended to support staking on other blockchains such as ETH 2.0, in addition to Incognito PRV staking.

The Node Tree has supplanted the Node Pro as the next Node device. However it will not support staking on other blockchains. It will only support PRV staking, just as the current Node does.

5 Likes

Ok ok…here is where my head went… :exploding_head: :exploding_head: :exploding_head:…lol…if I may can this all be explained a lil better …pnodes and ptrees and pro nodes…I mean come on people…development is a fluid process and that is good…for the rest of us well it gets a bit confusing sometimes the sudden changes that take place including even what the proper names are of the products…all we know is that they are real cool and we all want them…lol…I just like to know what is exactly that I am wanting…LOL… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Some users who commented before me seemed under the impression the Node Tree would work on multiple chains. That is not the case. It is “just” a stack of current pNodes when it comes to functionality, in a very very very cool outfit.

4 Likes

We need more details on price to find you guys the right audience! :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Agree…we can help you participate and possibly fund the cost if there are big price breaks for ordering more.

3 Likes

Perfect, I thought I read here or elsewhere that the individual nodes for the tree will cost less, does that mean that the node tree will individually have the potential to earn less than my current pnode since it (will?) may be cheaper than the pnode?

2 Likes

A node is a node, whether bought cheap or expensive they all work the same.

5 Likes

All these numbers…pfftt…at this point it’s fantasy land for me…my one pnode has not earned a single prv coming on 30 days…so I do not know about all these nodes earning these kinds of earnings all I know is that at the rate my one pnode is earning this whole thing is a total BUST!!!..and yea…I am pissed off right now… :angry:…oh and by the way…I purchased some PRV a couple of hours ago with some USDC and I am still waiting for it to show up…where the frack is it!!!..so I can vote because it cost to vote remember!!!..damn I am pissed right now… :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:…yea it is similiar to posting in other strings…it’s for a reason…to get the attention of the powers that be…for at this rate there will be more postings like this from others

1 Like

Hey @Tempestblack, don’t worry, the team will help you soon, I had the same problem once with coins not showing up, but the team solved it within 1 day. Just be calm and wait until they help :slightly_smiling_face: @Peter @Ducky

In terms of the pnode, maybe check if it’s set up correctly, if yes, remember the longest non earning period of a node is 40 days. If you have 1 node, it takes longer to get a media of earnings as you know that nodes are chosen randomly.

5 Likes

Hi @Tempestblack, and thanks @Nubex for your explaination.

First the mechanism of a pNODE to earn PRV is randomed in the system to be a chosen validator to earn PRV. So this mean sometime your don’t see your earning but in a long term run, there should be come back with other time when your pNODE is chosen (we have more than 2000 active NODE at this time. The more of it, which means the chain is more stable).

About your PRV not shown when you buy with USDC, this will get support from CS team very soon. I just forward your message directly to team and are working to check for you.

Everything is growing bigger and bigger, it could be helpful and supportive if we get all knowledge and support our new member when they come to Incognito community.

4 Likes

Wasn’t really a proper answer.
I understand they all work the same, but will they all give out the same pricing rewards even if each node tree (leaf?) is monumentally cheaper than a pnode?
I’ll take your answer as they all work the same, as, “yes, each node that you can stack individually will earn 35% of the block rewards and you’ll have similar earnings to the pnodes”.

A pool funded pNode, a privately funded pNode, a vNode and each “leaf” of the forthcoming Node Tree all earn the same block rewards per earning epoch: currently 10.92 PRV until ~November when the block rewards will be reduced by 9% to ~9.9372 PRV.

3 Likes

Oh is that right…so now you are telling me that very soon the block rewards will be going down…great news to hear…but then I have to have rewards to begin with for said rewards to be reduced by… :slightly_frowning_face: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

It is hard to know how much detail users want. When you spell it out for them they go " Yeah no need to tell me that I have been around, I know" then when you keep it short assuming they get it, it turns out to be considered to have not enough details.

Since you have been around, and you read a lot, I assumed…

So here goes nothing.

Once you have a node, either vnode, pnode, node tree (which is essentially a pnode) they all work the same, technically, but they are also looked upon as the same, and treated the same by the network and the code. There is no checking a list of purchases to determine, “hey this one has been bought when we had a sale going (or anything else that would result in a price difference), let’s cut their earnings.”

Like I said, a node is a node.

Even the difference in own stake or funded stake doesn’t make one node different from the other, for the network, the code.

A vnode running on an old laptop at someone’s home, which took no investment at all, is still just another node to the network to the code.

The only thing that would make one node different from the other is a difference in the amount staked. At this moment everyone can only stake 1,750 PRV, no more, no less. Nodes are all equal.

10 Likes

Perfect, thanks!

Thank you Jamie for that last posting… :sunglasses:

1 Like

Very helpful Jamie. Thanks for all you do!

1 Like

I’m sold. Can’t wait for pre-order

1 Like

@Jamie
Question regarding the Node Tree: is it going to require the necessary 1750 PRV in the same way the pNode and vNodes do?
Wouldn’t that be a bit of a disincentive for prospective buyers since:

• they have to purchase the Node Tree (which isn’t exactly going to go for pennies).
  • they will need the required amount to stake which could be quite a lot (for example a $2 PRV would mean a $3500 investment).

Any chance that it could be lowered to a reasonable range, say: 250-500?
Or would that not be applicable since the vNodes and pNodes already have 1750 staked so the Node Tree will need to abide by that number too?

Some further explanation is needed especially considering the build of the Node Tree is such that it can have multiple ‘branches/shelves’ to the tree. So questions that come to mind are: ‘Does each branch/shelf require 1750 PRV?’ and ‘Can I stake 1750 over multiple branches/shelves?’ etc etc…

Hope I’m making sense !

1 Like

Apart from the information present in the comments of this post, there are 171 more comments waiting for you in the original development update post

3 Likes