Mandatory trading fee while adding liquidity

Hello @devs,

I have an idea that requires mandatory trading fee. Is there any way to set any trading fee rate while I as a liquidity provider am adding liquidity? I’ve examined RPCs and I’ve tested some. However, I couldn’t find such a feature. So, does it exist or is there any plan to add such a feature? If yes, when.

Thanks.

Edit: I think I should have tagged @Support. I mean the devs of the core team, not the community devs :slight_smile: Could you please forward this to them? Thanks.

What’s the propuse of the fee for adding liquidity? :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

:moneybag: :slight_smile:

1 Like

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

Fees are the #1 thing that the Denali Coin community has said will be the #1 deciding factor in their decisions regarding their use of Incognito.org. Like the state of California, one must be wary of charging fees otherwise Tesla leaves. Be smart, keep fees low or zero and add value through ingenuity.

A much better way to generate fees in my opinion is to assist the growth of UIA’s. Why? They bring in users organically. Once in for whatever UIA they’re supporting, the gradual adoption of the wallet s a tool will happen.

Finally, what’s with the massive fees for moving coin off Incognito? It’s kind of ridiculous.

1 Like

Fees here on Incognito (not including shield and unshield fees) are extremely low.

However, if you are trying to (unshield) send txns to other popular blockchains like Ethereum, the fees are going to vary because they are based on network congestion. Given the current market conditions, these networks are more often than not congested. This causes fees to spike at certain times, or remain “high”. Shielding and unshielding both involve other networks, and potentially interacting with a smart contract. Fees to interact with a smart contract are higher because, the Txn will need enough “gas” to 1). be mined, and 2). ensure that it is able to successfully execute the needed functions.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification. Personally I’d like to keep most if not all tx on Incognito. However I end up doing grunt community recon at times. Haha, I’ll let the other community members know what’s up and why the price was so high. Thanks again.

1 Like

Great idea, I’d prob say it is not built in if code is not there. We do need to have this built or feature added. Lps need to get paid and we cant always be reliant on the centralized system that is provide. If I list a coin on incognito coin holders should make something for trades .

Ironic andrey talked about this on reddit the other day

4 Likes

Passed this down to our devs @abduraman sorry for the wait time :pray:

1 Like

:wave: @Support

Hey @abduraman, from the protocol side, we’re not having a way to allow LP(s) to set trading fees by themselves. pDEX gives users complete control over how they want to set their trading fees. It’s entirely market-driven. In my personal opinion, the market-driven one would be better since it reflects the market’s demand dynamically rather than setting/adjusting manually by LPs.
For your idea, the team also discussed it several times in the past but it’s likely a lower priority than others so we don’t have a fixed plan for it yet.

4 Likes

So sad. There are some use-cases which require large spread between buy and sell price. Currently, a project owner cannot adjust the spread because of the optional trading fee. There are some ways to do that but they are not decentralized, atomic, and risk-free.

1 Like