Make a one-time address a two-time address

Any time that I want to send crypto I do an initial send of a small amount to make sure that the recipient address is correct. When I’m sending large amounts to a one-time address I nearly poop my pants. That’s not nice. Why not allow me to send a small amount to a one-time address before sending a large amount?

2 Likes

This is because the amount that is supposed to be sent isn’t pre-determined. How is the platform supposed to know how much to wait for. It would make the process even slower if it had to wait the full hour for the transaction to go through. Not to mention if the value wasn’t the correct amount, there would have to be a refund, which costs transaction fees.

1 Like

A refund is out of the question.

I agree that there’s no way to know what the total amount to be sent is; however, I’m not suggesting that a process waits. I’m suggesting that if the value sent is less than 1US$ (or whatever small amount) then the send was just a test. Once the value sent is more than the small amount then generate a new recipient address. If someone doesn’t want to do a test tx then they send their full amount in one tx.

1 Like