Lp pools apy doesn't seem accurate and unshield is expensive

I put $2500 for prv and usdt at 130%
And it barely accrued.

I took it out and put in provide and I’ve already earned the same amount at 1/3 the amount of time for 21% apy

Anyone else have any experience using the pool?

Also unshielding usdt on polygon,incognito over charges
It was like $10 for 3k
Should be .50 cents, it’s polygon…

The liquidity pool APR shown is “historical” (I think average over the past 2 weeks?) - not a real indication of what you’ll get if you provide liquidity. If the pool is small and/or a large transaction uses the pool, the APR will shoot up – but you already missed the large transaction if you’re adding liquidity after… Also, if someone removes liquidity the APR shown will go up because the historical gains are now based on a smaller pool.

The pool sizes used to be shown, and I really feel this needs to come back.

3 Likes

I see that you mentioned it doesn’t show liquidity in lp pools which would be helpful. is there a way to see the liquidity in provide ?

Not that I know of, but I believe you’re getting that fixed APR in provide regardless…

1 Like

Yes it appears to be working good.
That 150% wasted my time. Lol

Thank you @yoo for explaining this - very helpful indeed.

I’ve mentioned this in other posts, to avoid newbies on the platform having a bad experience on Incognito by losing money thru the risky Liquidity Pools I.E. Impermanent Loss, if there can be some additional historical performance of the pools provided in the app allowing users to do a little research before investing in the pool.

Some examples include:

• A chart or table showing the historical weekly APY over a rolling 6 months or so.
  • A table showing the historical inflows/outflows in the Pool
  • A table showing historical returns from the Pool over last Week, last Month, last 2 months, last 6 months …
  • An indicator that rates the risk of being in the Pool E.g. at one end of the scale “Low Risk” and at the other end “High Risk” (like a temperature gauge).

I know that past performance is not a guarantee for future performance but at least the platform will be providing more details to the user so they can make more well informed decisions based on risk.

I do see how this additional data might scare people out of entering a liquidity pool, but at least users who become aware of the risk will stay away rather than lose money, exiting the platform and speaking negatively about incognito.

Does anyone else feel this additional information would be helpful prior to making a decision to add liquidity to a pool?

2 Likes