Lost money on a trade

I assumed I would get the equivalent ammont of litecoin for my bitcoin like other exchanges. Instead I lost $69 worth.

That is not a bug. It is important to read the numbers of the trade before you confirm the trade. Especially when liquidity is low trades can turn out real good or real bad.

Cant even send litecoin out of incognito. Now this must be a bug.

Did you check the address?

Hey @RedNumber1 Welcome to incognito. As Jamie stated, when creating a trade, please take a look at the price impact and liquidity in said pool. Currently the pool for LTC is quite small thus trades for larger amounts will have an impact on price. Regarding the error when trying unshield LTC, are you on the latest app version? If so, let me pass this down and see what the error may be and get back to you.

3 Likes

Hi @RedNumber1, please try to unshield again. If you still experience the issue, please provide that address here so we can check.

2 Likes

That;s the problem in DEX in general. To avoid this problem just check the amount of token that you get with what you get if you trade on an exchange!
If the number is reasonable for you go ahead, if not wait for better price or choose another exchange with more liquidity for the token /coin you are looking for.
At the moment incognito has great liquiditiy with major pairs like BNB BTC XMR ETH USDC USDT USDC i think.
Doing smaller trades also help you to get a better price usually!
The fee are really low if you trade into the INCOGNITO NETWORK.
You can even use Uniswap from here but fees willl be higher!

Nice to have you onboard and hope you enjoy the community!

4 Likes