Just a neat idea

It’s probably already being done but I thought that it would be cool to have an option to send crypto privately from outside the network.
Like say I want to send my friend some BTC privately but he doesn’t want to mess with inc wallet and I don’t have any pBTC. It would be really cool to have the option to send BTC to an specific address of incognito network that would automatically send them different BTC from the pool upon receiving my BTC. Kinda like a mixer mode for the network.

1 Like

That would be easy to identify the correlation between the send and receives. Mixing that way is not mixing but just switching account values. People can see the whole Bitcoin network. It’s important to remember that.

1 Like

Not sure if I get your idea right but sending BTC from a public wallet to another one, via an Incognito address, assuming it’s possible, would cost quite some money for each transaction (varying from $5 to $20 fee, depending on the traffic).

The way it works is that it will conduct 2 transactions, one from a public wallet to Incognito address (shielding process) and the other from Incognito address to a public one (Unshielding process). The unshielding part is the one that costs the most.

1 Like

I don’t know how you can do that exactly—but you can shield from any BTC address and unshield to any address. Just ask your friend or whoever is receiving BTC for their wallet address? You can send from your incognito wallet.

Maybe I’m missing something but I think you can already accomplish the private transaction you’re hoping for!

The best way to spread info about Incognito is to convince a receiver of funds to get an incognito wallet, instead of un-shielding each time or trying to mix coins.

Probably from those 10k downloads (in google play) 3k are active users.
Imagine that

• Each time instead of using unshield function ppl invited other ppl to join Incognito
  • Everyone who uses the app, who likes incognito and believe that privacy will be one of the most important things at 21 age, invite one fried into the ecosystem per month

How big an impact could be if everyone changes just one habit?

Unshiled -> invite

3 Likes

So what you are saying is:
a doesn’t want to use the Incognito network
b doesn’t have the required funds in the Incognito wallet (which at this point is equal to someone who has no investment with Incognito)

To facilitate those none involved parties, let’s open our network for them, pay the involved fees for them so they can send/receive crypto privately.

We need to start working the other way around, like mentioned by @r2d2
Incognito is not a mixer, the project was not started to provide people with a mixer-like on off ramp.

Incognito is a privacy environment. We need to get people to get in and stay within this environment. Every thing that is developed to increase this on/off ramp takes us further away from the original project philosophy.

2 Likes

Send btc to wassabi wallet and make your own coinjoin send. Incognito doesn’t need to be involved for private out of network transactions

1 Like