Josh_Hamon - Nito - a Telegram Bot for push notifications

:thinking:

New users have been reporting with notifications. The fix has been deployed.

1 Like

The partial notification issue remains, in the meantime, several users have reported that Nito has been a little slow to report. I am going to turn up the speed a little to better serve users.

2 Likes

:fire_engine: :ambulance::police_car: EMERGENCY MAINTENANCE :police_car: :ambulance: :fire_engine:

I am taking Nito offline to perform a complete reboot. This is part of the work to fix the automatic notifications.

2 Likes

Maintenance is complete, Nito is back up to her old self!

7 Likes

Thanks @Josh_Hamon for bring Nito back online.

Question:
I was reading the following article by @Jamie titled “The Validator Lifecycle” - The Validator Lifecycle

I am a little confused as to some of the stages that Nito mentions and that don’t quite align with the stage referenced in Jamie’s article nor in the Incognito App.

For example, Nito has the following status alerts:
A) Waiting
B) Pending
C) Earning

Whilst the article doesn’t refer to any difference between (A) and (B), the Incognito App has the the statuses: Waiting and Creating (perhaps I am missing a few), but I don’t see the status for “Pending”. Is “Earning” the same are “Creating”?
Is it just me or do things seem a little confusing?

I guess what I’m trying to ellude to is there needs to be some more consistency in the names given to the various stages of the validators cycles.

This is not a major issue, just something to consider in a future update.

Thanks again Josh, Nito is a very useful bot :smiley:

1 Like

I haven’t updated Nito’s terms in quite a while, thanks for bringing this up. Here’s my thoughts:

Yep, Waiting = Waiting and Earning = Creating. Pending is a status reported on the chain and I’m loathe to remove it because it’s my favorite.

I’m interested in hearing other people’s thoughts on the subject!

3 Likes

Always fun to see pending after a node has been sitting for a while lol

3 Likes

Same here

I agree with @Josh_Hamon and @Thriftinkid as to the terms…I love that bot it has done an awesome job since Josh first created it and brought it online…thank you Josh… :sunglasses:

1 Like

It is the best feeling to see the pending notification after a long random wait.

1 Like

Testing a notification fix over the next couple of days.

3 Likes

Hey @Josh_Hamon. Any idea why the price of PRV keeps slipping in Nito but not on the Incognito app?

I hadn’t noticed the difference, Thanks for letting me know

1 Like

Oh wow. Glad to find this out. I had been seeing the price slip and was concerned. Now I see it’s just Nito bot for some weird reason and the price is actually 20% higher in the app.

What’s up with this?

I messaged @Support when @J053 reported the issues. I haven’t heard back yet. I thought I was grabbing the price via their preferred method but maybe something has changed?

I don’t see your ticket. Please PM me with a link to it.

I added to when I asked about price before, you liked the reply

1 Like

Ah, you’re right. I see it again. I’ve pinged the devs to get you a reply. Sorry we missed that.

It’s like there’s a slow leak. PRV price going down drop by drop…