Issues scanning QR Codes - Privacy Quest

Make sure you scanned the correct QR-code, some people have mistakenly scanned the wrong QR-codes. The smallest QR-codes does not work and are for promotional/demonstration purposes only.

Feel free to DM me if you want to verify that you have the correct one.

Stop asking for DMs, please. The QR codes he has scanned are correct, the problem is with the device and the way each device scans each code differently.

3 Likes

Sorry, I’m just trying to help.
It is better to help through DM since it would ruin it for others if I post the QR-codes publicly on the forum. I was actually able to help one person through DMs already after he tried to scan a QR-code in the thumbnail of a video instead of using the link below the video. Since it was in DMs and he had effectively solved the puzzle I gave him the direct link.

Obviously if it is purely a technical problem with the device used I would not be able to help.

1 Like

same problem here lol

That’s what Andrey seemed to imply on Facebook :frowning_face:

Sad that I spent a lot of time tracking down quests and won’t get to spin

I have heard that it start working for some people after reinstalling the app.

Had actually tried that a couple of times earlier, but it just worked now! Thanks mate

1 Like

The question is how anonymous is there back-end ? as they cant write simple app to recognize QR ffs

Im hoping that some lucky guy will get 10-100 BTC+ due to the poor app :smiley:

The whole thing is a joke to me, trying to attract customers

Hey @petkomiko994, thanks for the feedback. Please refer to the topic above for more info about why sometimes codes don’t scan.

If you think you’ve received this in error, let me know. We are still in pre-release. Early access for our community and a chance to accumulate tokens before the wheel goes live.

Do you think is it a bad idea to create a quest like this, if so what would you do to educate people about privacy projects and tools?

1 Like

With 10-100 BTC+ i ment i someone won them by server side fault .

Im no iOS/Android dev. but the app looks pretty straightforward. WebBrowser Based App - with QR Scanner , basicly how i think it works is

1. User Scans QR with result = #quest[QUESTID]
  2. #quest[QUESTID] which is checked locally/remotely in both cases fails recognize the result

however if its done locally and something happens to the app being deleted or phone dies user cant recover his QUEST points (even if this game is or week or two, sometimes shit happens)

Its not bad idea for whatever reason, gaining more member or just giving away, main point is do not release something before its ready, this App looks like Alpha version not even Beta (i mean i have tested the app, on 2 Androids,and 3 iPhones, worked only on iPhone 5 )

The quest has game little to do with privacy, QR don`t go and buy stuff or create random profiles, people do, and if you are targeted by someone most the time something will pop up…

Oh and btw ive seen there is a prize NODE - privacy gone - its not gonna teleport itself by the blockchain right ?

1 Like

Yep, the Node has to be shipped. It doesn’t mean that you must ship it to your home. If you win a Node, you will get a Node coin which you will be able use to claim a physical Node.

Simply, if you don’t want to ship Node device to your home, you can sell those coin on pDEX to someone who are looking for it. Or use a PO box :slight_smile:

As I mentioned this is on pre-release to give early adopters an opportunity to accumulate more chances. I agree about quality control. Those things we will be improve before the launch.

1 Like

So i have to leak someone else`s privacy, for me it doesn’t make sense to offer a NODE in a privacy game.

Even if its a pre-release you wont feel good if there is 99 spots and because of the app someone lucky gets the last spot, im not demanding nothing, but i know people that demand their stuff/points/tokens/etc… if there is a problem with the app, as you can see its not a single person and single phone.

If i pretend that i’ve lost 2 QUEST points because app is not working will the team give me back my points (just asking, i dont want points)

1 Like

I am from Romania. I tried with 2 samsung devices. Same issue. A samsung galaxy S7 and a samsung glaxy S10. Both behaving the same. I even tried different PC screens to read the QR code from.

1 Like

All qr codes give a error even after reinstalling app. I think the anti-fraud filter is being triggered without reason

It seems you are not up to speed with what the project is about.

The project is not about hiding identities. The project is about keeping your wallet actions private. Most people have an Incognito Address stated in their profile on this forum. We can see it, we can send crypto to it, but we can’t see any transaction history.

How can we ever provide people with a pNode, not just as a prize but also the ones people buy from us, if we have no address to sent it to?

1 Like

You are right but , i personally i wouldn’t care who will see my transactions, as long my identity is not know to the others.

Don’t know it wont be that easy to sell them, i dont know what this box actually does, in most of the cases (if not all )can be implemented like a Winodws/Linux app sold by license key for tokens.

My bad (I have just seen you’ve got options for setting up virtual node, which is good)

May i ask you why you want to keep your transactions private ,i mean whats the reason ? (feel free not to answer)

For the same reason I don’t want people to be able to take a look at my bank account transactions after I send payment to them or they to me.

To make running a Node possible for everyone, the tech savvy and the not so tech savvy we sell the plug and play Nodes. We think it is a great way to introduce crypto to people who are new to crypto.

1 Like

Better stop your credit/debit cards then, many people have access to it, use only cash and crypto, you cant compare any crypto with a banks

That’s actually the main goal :wink:

3 Likes