Issue with vnode

Hey guys i’m new to community and i do believe in this project and i want to be part of it by creating vnode but i got some issues with my node.Yesterday i installed docker at my home pc then run command as stated in tutorial.Then went to app and put my ip but after 1 full days my node is still missing.I’m looking for some help :slight_smile:

2 Likes

First of all Welcome to Incognito, pleasure to have you.

To add to this, this was the original error message @vizar received. Im not amazing with nodes, but it looked like docker was missing, had him install docker and also enabled docker on system boot. After this, user ran the script to build the server once again and no error was thrown. Yet their node doesnt show up within the app.
Does this information sound about correct? @vizar? I

2 Likes

Yes this is all about it.

1 Like

From what I see it’s saying problem running Apt::Update. Was this ran with Sudo?

Please check through the commands used to run the install script. Make sure you include sudo.

If need be try using the following script instead. If you just have 1 virtual node then only put 1 validator key.

2 Likes

User mentioned that they did apt-get update / apt-get upgrade as well. Im not sure but he might be working on root, this is on a dedicated pc not a vps.

1 Like

Just running the VPS script on a home computer may not be enough. Did you open the ports the Node is using? 9334 and 9433

4 Likes

Yes ports are open both on modem and pc.Node is still missing.

Could you share the output of sudo docker ps or sudo docker stats?

In addition, from another computer, please try telnet node_ip 9334 and telnet node_ip 9433. And what are their outputs?

1 Like

Ekran görüntüsü 2020-07-23 15-55-47 Cant connect with telnet.Connection failed.

If it is not something else, this means that your ports are not accessible from outside. If it worked, the connection would be established. And if you entered some random texts, you would get some non-sense response.

To ensure that the issue is really so, you may try an online port scanner like https://pentest-tools.com/network-vulnerability-scanning/tcp-port-scanner-online-nmap (please do not forget adding 9334 and 9433 unless added)

1 Like

I opened ports but they seem as filtered on program i dont know meaning of that.

Hi all,

It seems I have the same problem.

To                         Action      From
     --                         ------      ----
[ 1] 9334                       ALLOW IN    Anywhere                  
[ 2] 5001                       ALLOW IN    Anywhere                  
[ 3] 9334/tcp                   ALLOW IN    Anywhere                  
[ 4] 5001/tcp                   ALLOW IN    Anywhere                  
[ 5] 9433                       ALLOW IN    Anywhere                  
[ 6] 9433/tcp                   ALLOW IN    Anywhere                  
[ 7] 9334 (v6)                  ALLOW IN    Anywhere (v6)             
[ 8] 5001 (v6)                  ALLOW IN    Anywhere (v6)             
[ 9] 9334/tcp (v6)              ALLOW IN    Anywhere (v6)             
[10] 5001/tcp (v6)              ALLOW IN    Anywhere (v6)             
[11] 9433 (v6)                  ALLOW IN    Anywhere (v6)             
[12] 9433/tcp (v6)              ALLOW IN    Anywhere (v6)  

CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES
2ddb417d4b7e incognitochain/incognito-mainnet:20200717_2 “/bin/bash run_incog…” 4 minutes ago Up 4 minutes 0.0.0.0:9334->9334/tcp, 0.0.0.0:9433->9433/tcp inc_mainnet
46f7d18918dc parity/parity:stable “/bin/parity --light…” 4 minutes ago Up 4 minutes 5001/tcp, 8080/tcp, 8082-8083/tcp, 8180/tcp, 0.0.0.0:8545->8545/tcp, 8546/tcp, 0.0.0.0:30303->30303/tcp, 0.0.0.0:30303->30303/udp eth_mainnet

I just added my IP when adding the node…

What should I do?

thanks,

CAA

Abdurraman told me that you should also open ports on router and then do port forwarding.I dont want to go with this way because i am not good at network security so i went via vps.

ok tks will try this

A guide on how to do this would be very helpful…

The process changes with modem model you should look at youtube.Its not that hard.

1 Like