Is it true that Incognito App contains 3 x Google Trackers in the code?

Hi @Linnovations currently all development resource is focused on Q1 release target.

We will back to this in May. Please be patient!
In the mean time you can join this telegram group to discuss furthermore.

2 Likes

Hi @khanhj, thanks for letting me know.

Sorry, I forget to mention, I’m no longer on Telegram as I find there are many scammers on that platform.

Anyways, I’d prefer to keep the discussion going via a thread topic in the community forum. This will allow others in the Incognito community who also use De-Google Phones to join in the discussion and test.

Can we please keep the discussion within this community platform and not push people to Telescam? Thanks.

1 Like

Hey @Jared, Can you please alert the Incognito marketing team that there is a damaging tweet that needs some attention.

If this project is “committed to privacy”, then the core team really need to eliminate using all tracking and analytics services provided by Google on there website and on there mobile apps.

I was embarrassed to see this Tweet below that was in response to IncognitoChain’s Tweet announcing the awesome partnership with Fantom

The Tweet from “droptrog1” illustrates that they conducted a scan on the domain we.incognito.org (this forum website) and detected Google Trackers and they shared a screenshot.

I can confirm that Google Analytics trackers exist on this forum site using a tool called Ghostery (see screenshot below)

Google-Analytics-Tracking-incog

Big shout out to @abduraman for jumping on the Twitter thread, however I did not see any official response from the IncognitoChain team. If I was new to the project this would not build my confidence that this project is committed to privacy when it’s sharing data with Google. I felt that the positive fanfare around this partnership announcement with Fantom was deflated by this reply and the lack of a and official response.

NEXT STEPS:

• Please assign someone on the core web dev team or marketing team the task of removing all Google Trackers and Analytics codes from the websites and community forum sites.
  • If you need Web Analytics data, there are plenty of self-hosted open-source solutions (E.g. Matomo and others ) that don’t require feeding data to Google, as we all know they really respect our privacy - not!
  • If the Incognito Project is committed to privacy, then this project must take action immediately and make this a TOP priority. As this project expands with new partnerships, there will be more eyeballs on the App and on this website. You MUST MUST MUST make Privacy TOP TOP TOP priority.

Speaking of Priority… @khanhj, any update on an ETA on when we can see the next iteration of the Incognito App ready for testing on de-Googled GrapheneOS phone?
I am ready for action :smile:

3 Likes

Hello @Linnovations,

We hear you loud and clear. Thank you for bringing that tweet to my attention, I will admit that I missed it.

I’ve sent your message to the devs. We had previously discussed setting up self hosted analytics, however, with all other tasks going on it was overlooked.

I’m sure this is something that we can have removed, even if we do not instantly have an alternative set up.

3 Likes

Update for you @Linnovations, we have successfully removed all analytic trackers from the forum. :muscle:

I’m working on a reply to the Twitter image post.

6 Likes

AWESOME STUFF!!!
I just checked this site on Ghostery and can confirm that the Google trackers are gone :+1: THANK YOU Incognito Team.

5 Likes

hey guys, the core team wants to work on this issue again by removing google service from the wallet app, so after we have a new build, any effort to test the app will be appreciated.
Here is the telegram group for quick discussion. https://t.me/+VtdNvgVN4FdhMmY1

3 Likes