iOS app keeps crashing

Luckily, I was able to get to this community tab to post. The past few days, my app keeps consistently crashing within about 15 seconds of opening. Very laggy switching between sections. Trading and Swap are particularly bad, crashing immediately. What’s going on and how can I fix this? The app is barely useable. iOS is up to date.

Update: Also, Shielded Balance never loads. Just spins for 5-10 seconds then the app crashes.

1 Like

hi @BPSPQR

• Can you tell me the iPhone model you are using and the iOS version?

• Please close all applications running in the background and try again.

thanks for your patience

1 Like

Had same issue. I had to delete and reinstall app with key phrase to fix it. Works fine now.

1 Like

Tried that. Tried restarting phone. XS

@Sang any help? Tried everything. Still not working. Would like to avoid a delete and reinstall if possible. Does hitting Offload App in ios storage settings wipe the keys?

I may have to do that but I’d really like to avoid it. Would have to input so much. I have a node too and I think I still use the legacy key types.

There might be a way to clear the app cache in iOS settings.

Make sure you don’t click clear data as this would be like reinstalling the app and wipe the keys.

I have node too. After reset , the node section will ask you to add existing node, you just rescan the QR. You will have to enter you private key for the node wallet account separately. Try the other option of clearing the cache first.

There isn’t. Just “Offload Data” and “Delete App”. Not sure how Offload Data would work in this case, if I’d have to reinput keys.

In iphone storage, under incognito app:
App Size: 48.6MB
Documents & Data: 142.1MB

Is that normal? Doesn’t appear to be a way to clear the cache.

Cache can be cleared in the app settings.

1 Like

Incognito - More - Settings - Clear History? Clear Cached Balance?

I can barely get to the Settings page in time before it crashes.

Ah, right. If you have your keys and seed phrase backed up I would recommend you do a reinstall.

This sounds like my exact issue. The app fixed itself after an app update. But I also had to reload my keys in it before the balance issue went away. But I couldn’t even input my key until there was an app update to make it stop crashing.

Best of luck to you.