Integrate Incognito with privacy-focused messaging apps: 20,000 PRV

Encrypted messaging apps are getting more and more popular among mass users.

These privacy-protecting products also applaud the existence of cryptocurrency; some even integrate with crypto wallets, merging the messaging experience & value (crypto) transferring experience in one for their users.

Examples are Status, Reserve, or even being abandoned, but it’s Telegram with their intended TON blockchain integration.

It would be best if privacy-protecting messaging apps can level up their privacy characteristics by allowing confidential crypto transactions. That’s exactly where Incognito can step in - integrating our wallet with the messaging apps and let their users transfer BTC, ETH, USDT, etc in privacy.

This Wanted ad is for people who can make the integration of Incognito in privacy-focused messaging apps such as Status, Reserve, Keybase, Signal, etc real.

Reward: 20,000 PRV

What need to do to get the reward?

1. Get in touch with Signal, Telegram, Status teams or find projects like this.
  2. Bring the Incognito vision to these teams, talk to them, and explain to them how Incognito could bring privacy to their project.
  3. Once you get an interest please make the introduction with @elena or @andrey 3. If you know anyone who might be keen – send them our way!

If you have any questions, you know the drill. Just post them as a reply to this topic.

Important : If you want to take care if this Wanted, or know someone from these privacy projects and would like to help out, please drop a message below to confirm your involvement.

22 Likes

:money_mouth_face: WOW I`m in

11 Likes

Just DM @andrey to tell him your plan, he’ll help you out in the next steps.

10 Likes

Did you know this one? https://myconfidant.io/
It’s an interesting system. It remembers me the Incognito nodes… They could be used to create a decentralized messaging system as well.
They also partnered with Opacity Network (for privacy oriented and anonymous “classical” cloud storage).

7 Likes

It looks interesting. Going to explore it.

3 Likes

Why is the reward for this 10x more than the reward for ledger integration? I think that ledger support is much more crucial for adoption.

4 Likes

I don’t agree with you. Ledger is still a thing for techies as of now. However, messaging apps are for ordinary users. That’s why TON of Telegram raised so much money. To me, if Telegram hadn’t bumped into SEC wall, the mass adoption for the crypto would be so close.

4 Likes

I totally agree with you. We need liqudity now. In my opinion it is really crucial to support hardware wallets. I believe not many people will put more than 10k + X in this project if they have to control the money with public keys stored in an mobile app.

6 Likes

I also think that Hardware Wallet integration should have a higher priority in this stage of development.

7 Likes

@Anon @sato @Brakley @abduraman thanks for the feedback. I am already in a chat with Leger and we started moving into the direction of integration with hardware wallets.

9 Likes

Really great news, thanks a lot @andrey

Besides managing our private keys for the PRV with ledger do you think they would be open to cooperate even further?

Idea:
Ledger could add a feature where the user can create a privacy receiving address instead of a normal address. If a user chooses this option the ledger would generate a new bitcoin address and start a process via smart contract which sends the btc etc. first to a shielded incognito address and automatically unshields it afterwards to send it to the address on the ledger. All of this would just happen in the background, so users of ledger do not have to worry how it works. In this case Ledger can offer a great new privacy feature and we could collect fees to keep up the network. Fees for this service could also be higher than our normal PRV transaction fees.

5 Likes

This would be super cool. People would be using PRV and not even know it, that’s the best sign of adoption.

Though it would be cool to have it say powered by incognito chain.

4 Likes

Exactly this way many people would use incognito chain without knowing they do. Which it totally fine, our goal should be to provide privacy for everyone, even the ones who claim they don’t care because they have nothing to hide.

This way we could bring privacy into every wallet, we could also integrate a send private functionality the same way. Normal people who don’t care would have automatically privacy. PRV would be used a lot and do his job by bringing privacy to everyone.

Like HTTPS normal people would not care at all if it would not exist. They just use it without knowing they do. I think this is what we should try to reach with our incognito chain to make a huge difference.

5 Likes