[Outdated & Changed] Incognito's 2021 privacy roadmap for the world

Slashing is used in n case of Validator misbehaviour (defined individually within each protocol), the total stake of the Validator (Own Stake/Bond and sometimes even Delegated Stake) gets slashed, meaning that a certain percentage of tokens are burned or distributed to other network validators. This is designed to incentivize security, availability and governance participation as well as prevent double spend or spam attacks.

I’ve listed a few examples below.

• A liveness fault where the validator node does not participate in the network consensus for a long time and misses several blocks. If the node is not signing transactions for a certain amount of time, it will be considered inactive and may start losing out on block rewards. After a certain threshold is crossed, it might also be slashed, resulting in a permanent loss of stake and the potential suspension from the validator set. This can happen when a node’s cloud infrastructure goes down, or if the software becomes out of sync, for example.

• A security fault which disturbs the network consensus by validating/verifying twice or more the same blocks. Double signing or the action of signing two blocks at the same block height, is more severely punished by the different protocol parameters. This can either happen when an opposite validator is trying to attack the network or because of an unstable or unreliable infrastructure, leading to one key signing the same block twice.

• A governance fault where the validator voted multiple times on the same consensus process, and these votes contradict each other, or he did not vote at all.

These examples are not all inclusive. Nor do they represent or assume to represent Incognito’s network parameters.

7 Likes

But assuming you have staked 1750 PRV to your node and get slashed for what ever reason this would mean your node isn’t fully staked anymore and not eligible to be chosen for committee until you fill it up again, right? So maybe a better slashing mechanism would be to exclude the node for some epochs from being chose as validator instead of burning the PRV?

1 Like

These kind of scenarios are completely dependent on each protocols set parameters.

The Roadmap looks great so far.
Just one question from my side: I see a lot of wallets/exchanges offer prepaid visa cards with some amount of cashback in the native crypto. Is something similar also planned for PRV? It would be a great way to connect to the real word and make it easier to also spend the funds again. - or is it not possible due to the PRV’s anonymity?

3 Likes

Something like this? :face_with_monocle:
I’m not sure if it is still working, can you confirm @Revolve? :grin:

1 Like

Thanks for your response - I was not aware of that possibility. But that was not what I had in mind. I meant like a “physical” visa card - like Binance (https://www.binance.com/en/cards) or Crypto.com (https://crypto.com/en/cards.html) offers (not trying to advertise for them here - just curious about what can be expected in the future.

2 Likes

Oh I misunderstood, my bad :sweat_smile:.
But it is really a nice idea that hopefully can be implemented :face_with_monocle:.

1 Like

We haven’t planned for this year to create an Incognito debit card, but the easiest way to bring pUSDT, pBTC, pETH, PRV to a debit card integration is to partner with already existed solutions like Crypto. That something we can do without switching development focus.

8 Likes

I agree with you andrey. I would much rather your focus be on what’s on the roadmap…and sooner rather than later a parternship where we can be utilized for payments is all but certain…

3 Likes

Hi, I can’t find the web-browser-based pDEX in the roadmap, is it still in plans? Thanks.

Hey @Josef good catch. Web pDEX is already under developemt, just updated ETA in the road map, please check :wink:

6 Likes

Hey @andrey, is there any place I can find technical documents for the things inside Incognito? I looked around the White-paper but it seems to be an introductory document. Not sure how things really work inside Incognito.

hey @Semaj please check these docs and github. If you find that any important information is missing or not clear, let us know what exactly, we are more than happy to bring more clarity.

Thanks, @andrey.

Actually, not much help with the links. The SDK is for developers, and the GitHub is too big for me to look around. Do you have any Whitepaper-like document that explains the technical parts inside Incognito, like other blockchain. Not introductory like the one here but technical enough like this, and this, etc.

Hey, @Semaj did you have a chance to check those links beside the introductory page ?

1. Shielding Cryptocurrencies: Turning Any Cryptocurrency Into a Privacy Coin ▸

2. Trustless Custodians: A Decentralized Approach to Cryptocurrency Custodianship ▸

3. Sending Cryptocurrencies Confidentially: Ring Signature, Homomorphic Commitment, and Zero-Knowledge Range Proofs ▸

4. Privacy at Scale with Dynamic Sharding ▸

5. Consensus: A Combination of iPoS, Multiview-PBFT, and BLS ▸

6. Multiview PBFT ▸

7. Incognito Software Stack: Navigating the Incognito Source Code ▸

8. Incognito Performance ▸

9. Network Incentive: Privacy (PRV) ▸

10. User-Created Privacy Coins ▸

11. Use Cases: Privacy Stablecoins, Privacy DEX, Confidential Crypto Payroll, and more ▸

12. Highway: an Upgrade to Incognito Network Topology ▸

13. Incognito Mode for dApps on Ethereum ▸

14. Future Work: Smart Contracts, Confidential Assets, Confidential IP, and more ▸

15. Conclusions, Acknowledgments, and References ▸

2 Likes

These are exactly what I meant by introductory. I am asking for something like this Monero document.

Ok, I think I got it. If we are talking about the academic type, I can share with you a paper of Privacy v2 release that coming this April.

_Documentation__Privacy_V2-2.pdf (906.3 KB)

We do work on an academic paper for Dynamic Committee Size, but unfortunately, we do not have a single paper where all those info is combined as you see in Monero’s example.

If you feel that we have to have an academic paper for every aspect of the network, would you mind helping us with prioritizing the most important aspects that have to be described first?

4 Likes

This is great! Thanks, @andrey.

1 Like

Hi,

Are there plans to massively extend the docs?
https://docs.incognito.org/sdks/golang-sdk as a sample. Less content, obsolete interface docs, …

I mostly read the source code itself to get an idea of the interfaces. :ghost: Sure, developers can do this but maybe more developers would join this awesome project if the docs are completed and up-to-date.

Cheers,
Andi

5 Likes