[Shipped] Incognito mode for smart contracts and dapps

Updates for the week of April 6 - 12, 2020

• The QA for the app on test environment has been done. We’ve planned to deploy the protocol on mainnet early next week.
  • An internal version of the app will also be released right after that for QA. If everything is okay, the official launch will be announced on April 15, 2020.
2 Likes

in terms of QA, is it possible to share more detail ex: number of test cases, % of test coverage, number of open bug, number of resolved bug, number of closed bug …

1 Like

The whole process of this project might be split into 2 main parties: smart contracts and pDeFI app.
For the smart contracts, the test is covering more than 95% logic and @henry can you share the testing report for the app side here?
By the way, just wanted to update some changes for the project plan; due to lots of money will likely be put into the smart contracts in future, it would be the best to figure out how to prevent security flaws/attacks of these contracts right from testnet stage (instead of moving things to mainnet in a hurry and getting hacked badly) so we decided to postpone the launch this week and spend more time for security testing (probably about 3 weeks) before proceeding further.

3 Likes

Hi Zon,

For now, requirement is not clearly and stable. So, we don’t write testcase for feature while developing. However, I write checklist about function which is stable.
This checklist is basic case. About withdraw function and notification for Puniswap, I don’t checklist because requirement is changing. I send you bug and checklist which is tracked when testing. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UQIqJtP2jYTW4gbOnaf_F8HZjK1uSou0jexG1uslwtg/edit#gid=0

Thanks.

1 Like

Updates for the week of April 13 - 17, 2020:

• We’ve launched pUniswap Testnet, for more details please have a look at its launch proposal at Launch pKyber Testnet - privacy for DeFI

• Regarding pCompound, we’ve still been working on backend apis (recall that the pCompound adapter contract was deployed on Ethereum testing last week, the deployed address is 0x2400eD5B1c9b61256e987f9731fFca987d3dB878)

• We’ll be continuing to work on backend apis for pCompound in the next week.

7 Likes

Hi @team,
Can I have a question for you? In this specific case, I want to have a question about pCompound with this flow
image.

I see that Stateful Proxy pCompound needs to create an agent(be also a smart contract) to process with Compound Smart contract. And fee of this action comes from the founder team.

That means if someone wants to make collateral on Compound with 0.5 pETH on Incognito, he need to burn 0.5pETH ~ 0.5 ETH in Vault and we will process with agent and Compound to make a collateral 0.5 ETH on Compound. We will pay fee, right? So we can consider, whether we have any way to charge F% on amount of user, and use it(F%x0.5 ETH) as fee, that mean user burn 0.5 pETH but collateral in Compound is (0.5 - F%x0.5) ETH. You guys can skim this solutions somehow, can you?

Thank

3 Likes

Hello a @thaibao
in the long run, the fees should have to be paid by user who use features provided by incognito (for example, trade on puniswap or borrow on pcompound). Probably there are 2 options for paying fees that user can choose; peth or prv. And incognito backend service will use the fee to cover gas/expense of the requesting operations.

1 Like

Update for the 3rd week of April!

• Build and run pKyber on testnet.
  • Implementing pCompound backend.
  • Finalize new flow for pKyber, p0x, pUniswap. User don’t need to deposit/withdraw

Next week:

• Implementing pCompound backend
  • Implementing new flow fo pKyber

@harry recently joined Incognito’s interoperability team to help build cool stuff. Previously, @harry worked for one of the biggest e-commerce systems in Vietnam called Tiki. He has had experiences with the popular programming languages as well as messaging systems like Kafka in a microservices architecture. He’s strongly interested in building scalable and reliable systems with low latency APIs. On a less serious note, as a human, he’d love to sleep well at night by building monitoring systems apart from the main system.

So the members of this proposal are: me (@tien) , @thachtb and @harry.

7 Likes

I am very excited about this project. Is there a plan for how these papps will be managed within the incognito app visually? There could be many more of these that get implemented and I wonder what the UI will be like within the Incognito app.

Will there be an API or SDK that gets developed where Uniswap, Kyber or compound could choose to integrate the privacy option directly on their site or app?

3 Likes

some key papps will be built natively into the app - like pDEX and the Wallet are two reference papps.

most of the papps are hosted by the developers themselves. to access these apps tap on Browser, enter an URL, and start using it.

@duc and i half-way through the developer guides on how to build papps. hope to complete it soon (within a week or two) and share it with the community. can’t wait to see what the community will be building!

2 Likes

Wow! Very cool.

So Uniswap will have the choice whether they want to integrate the incognito mode apk on their site or not?

When the trade takes place on pUniswap the trading fees will go to the uniswap pool providers correct…not to a node holder?

trading fee – yep, while in incognito mode, trading fees go to uniswap the same way you trade publicly on uniswap.

privacy fee – there is a small fee for privacy that goes to incognito nodes who help facilitate the transactions from incognito to ethereum and back. these are similar to the transaction fees that you’re paying now to node owners when you send a tx on the incognito network.

2 Likes

So are you guys trying to get privacy on smart contracts also??? or only on assets???

yes… incognito on eth/erc20 assets is a solved problem. incognito has shielded $3M+ worth of assets in the last 5 months. i think 60% of that is eth and erc20 tokens. you can check on etherscan. the ethereum <-> incognito bridge smart contract is public as well as its history.

this work is the next step: incognito mode for smart contracts and dapps. check out the specs here.

we’ll release more info to the community soon in the next couple of weeks with code examples tutorials for developers and some reference dapps for users to use.

5 Likes

This is huge!!

How’s pCompound progress going???

backend/smart contract integration is pretty much done. we’re very behind with frontend development, so this won’t ship until june/july.

2 Likes

Hey guys, here is a link to the docs and examples on how to attach the privacy layer on your Dapps

3 Likes