Incognito Core Dev 2020 Live Roadmap

@Joshua_Dukes

https://feedback.blockfolio.com/coin-requests/p/prv

Vote here to get it added…

4 Likes

I been voted lol

1 Like

Good news with the web pDEX trading interface is that we can get away from mobile. There are lots of security vulnerabilities in other mobile apps that can copy your passwords that hit your clipboard. Such as Tik Tok…

3 Likes

Seems to be delayed. Do you know already when it will go live? And how safe is it going to be e.g. in comparison to a Ledger Nano? I personally think that it is really important to improve the security a lot in this area in order to get more liquidity.

1 Like

Could someone explain please what exactly creates this huge risk for the network, if the team would not have the fixed slots anymore. Thanks.

3 Likes

To reach consensus we need 2/3 of the validators connected to shardspots to approve. To ensure that many validators are up and running, the team runs those themselves.

1 Like

Wouldn’t the large amount of nodes (190+ more) be used for this? I understand the nodes could be taken offline to pay out withdraws from the nodes, however, in that instance the team could spin up new nodes.

2 Likes

True, what’s the harm in if the community takes certain nodes offline for whatever reason, would it be…bad(?) for the team to boot up a few more to cover what is missing?
Because what if we reach the 2/3, then for whatever reason 1/3 drops out, and we are back to under 2/3, I presume the team will drop back the shard/slots etc to prior levels or something?
Sorry if I’m not using the right words, a little tired.

2 Likes

That is not what is happening now, but you can find a proposal from the devs to work on a system that will work with a variable number of validators to reach consensus.

It is not just about having enough validators online, it is also about having legit validators online. With the current size of the network, in theory, a 2/3 part could consist of hackers. This will be less an issue once the network expands.

It is all about stability and security. We like to keep things safe and solid.

7 Likes

Hi Anon, without fixed nodes, the chain could be blocked due to a lack of signatures. Dynamic committee size will solve this problem.

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: 200+ New Validators in the last 24 hours!

Just checking the roadmap to follow the progress. Not sure what “Core team donation” is meant to be and why it’s delayed. Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

How’s the “one time address” that was “building” in Aug 2020, coming along? :slightly_smiling_face:

Click the link to find the details of that specific topic.

I did before I asked, it was not explained in any of the answers that I saw yet, such as, “One time addresses are delayed, or new eta for one time address is now December 2020”, answers like that were no where that I can see in the link, unless I missed it?

You are right, the updates don’t include information about all key results mentioned at the top.

1 Like

Has there been another unannounced delay for releasing the shard slots currently held by the Core Team?

On the September PRV call today:

june2021_edit

Is this correct? Has the date been moved out another couple of months to June 2021?

6 Likes

A little, yes.

The release of the shard spots is not a matter of just releasing the shard spots. There are more requirements involved, those are if I recall correctly, also mentioned during the call.

While developing the systems that are involved to meet the requirements to make release possible, the time line gets more clear, and unfortunately made it necessary to postpone the release a few months.

4 Likes

thanks

3 Likes

done :ok_hand: :+1: