Incognito Cloud

Hello Community!

I read an announcement from DASH, they want to compete with Amazon and Google cloud services launching a decentralised cloud. I think it’s a good idea for Incognito to launch a secure and private cloud.
What do you think about this idea and is it possible to realise at our stage of development?

Here the link to the DASH announcement: https://blog.dash.org/release-announcement-dash-platform-v0-17-dashpay-on-testnet-13a85225902e

2 Likes

Hey @Nubex, I think you saw on how intensive is Incognito's 2021 privacy roadmap for the world. The idea itself is quite interesting, but I am afraid that the core team will not find resources even to research around this topic, at least until the moment when current promises is delivered.

At the same time if you know researchers who would like to work on this topic and try to find a way to utilize Incognito for those needs, we are happy to collaborate.

1 Like

Hey @Nubex,

I’m gonna have to agree with @andrey here that there is already a lot on the devs plate as far as Incognito dev map goes.

However, I just wanted to point out that there are already a lot of projects out there that focus on decentralized, private and secure clouds based off of blockchain technologies.

Internxt and Storj are my favorites. But there’s also Sia coin, filecoin and many others in this field.

Another interesting project which focuses more on the entire internet aspect of things and not solely on data storage is Skycoin which hopes to make its own internet network.

I think it would be more realistic to get a partnership added to the roadmap and a partnership could really help to expand the use case of PRV.