Incognito chain’s code upgrade (tag: 20220801_1)

Hi Incognito validators,

We’ve just released a protocol code update for Storage Pruning. Although this is an optional update, it’s always good to get your nodes updated with the latest code release.

For more details on Storage Prunning, please check out the topic to see how to delete unnecessary data in your nodes.

The latest code is published in 2 forms:

If you run pNodes or set up your vNodes by following our instructions , they should pull the latest docker image automatically. In case you encounter any issues with the code update, feel free to contact @support for assistance.

Thank you!

5 Likes

Nice. :metal: Let me know when we get one for newdb.

Thanks @duc.
Another trouble-free upgrade automagically took place on my vNodes.
THANK YOU Incognito Devs for making these upgrades pain free.

1 Like

Sorry for the late response, I’ve missed your message, as stated in the topic, this update was just for shrinking storage usage by using state pruning mechanic.

State pruning is a different method for storage usage reduction from the experimental method your nodes are using, please check the topic out for more details.

So you wouldn’t need to bother about the update if your nodes are running the experimental newdb. Otherwise, you could enjoy starting the pruning process for your nodes. (Please note that state pruning is a CPU-intensive computation so be careful if you are operating multiple nodes on the same server)

Hey @duc, after running the updated script by @Rocky, I noticed the version number on my vNodes has become:

incognitochain/incognito-mainnet:00221004_1

and I think this causing our nodes to appear as “Not Latest Version” on the Node Monitor site (see below)

I thought I’d let you know of this issue.

SOME FEEDBACK
It would be nice to have an official post from yourself (like what you provided in this post), explaining the purpose of each upgrade and what features the update includes. Thanks.

Hey @Linnovations,

Probably you will like this too :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @Linnovations, normally, your nodes shouldn’t pull the tag (00221004_1), Unfortunately, there was an issue with blink.sh node set up script that accidentally let the nodes pull that tag. (Rocky’s fixed it already at Recent Node Updates (Docker Hub API v2))

In fact, both tags are okay and would not affect to normal node’s operation. Sorry for the confusion with the internal docker push.

3 Likes