Incognito chain’s code upgrade (tag: 20220621_1)

Hi Incognito validators,

We’ve just released a protocol code update for:

• Instant Finality
  • Transaction verification time improvement

The protocol changes are expected to be effective once 90% of validators (committee + pending nodes) update the new code.

Since the release will be a huge improvement for the network’s performance, please get your nodes updated as soon as possible and we will monitor the percent of updated nodes regularly then discuss with the community for re-adjusting the threshold if needed (just like the last fixed nodes dominance reduction release, we’ve decreased the threshold from 90% to 85% to make the update happen sooner).

> See how Instant Finality improves all Incognito features

The latest code is published in 2 forms:

If you run pNodes or set up your vNodes by following our instructions , they should pull the latest docker image automatically. In case you encounter any issues with the code update, feel free to contact @support for assistance.

Thank you!

7 Likes

Nice! Out traveling so I cannot check, is there a “newdb” version as well?

Here you go 10220621_newdb_1 and let us know if you experience any issue with the update, thanks.

1 Like

@duc

Is there a way or ways for people to see how many of the validators have updated or not? I am thinking about the graphic displays Bitcoin network has for its nodes and what versions of Bitcoin core or alternates are being used to validate in network.

4 Likes

I guess we could display that info under “Code version” section in the node monitor tool, something like:

• Coder version: old_docker_tag (newer version: new_docker_tag with x% updated, need y% to be affected)

In this way, validators can see if their nodes are on an outdated version or not and when a newer version will be affected. Also, the info should be displayed on the incognito website under Validators page (that the team is working on).

Thanks for suggestion @Socrates.

5 Likes