Incognito chain’s code upgrade (tag: 20220228_1)

Hi Incognito validators,

We’ve just released a protocol code update for improving network liveness by only requiring a subset of the committee to create blocks (Block Production V3 protocol). This protocol change is expected to be effective on March 7, 2022. The latest code is published in 2 forms:

If you run pNodes or set up your vNodes by following our instructions , they should pull the latest docker image automatically. In case you encounter any issues with the code update, feel free to contact @support for assistance.

(So sorry for the continual code release that might bother manual node update operators)

Thank you!

9 Likes

While I can’t be sure, I’m pretty sure this update has caused my node to go out of sync and stall, and the timing has caused my node to be slashed yet again. Virtual machine has been online for 35 days with no problems. Docker containers have an up time of 2 days and have been stalling ever since, and are version 20220228_1. Can one of the devs look into this? I’d like to provide logs so this can be avoided in future.

Hello @Up2UrHeadlights,

You can provide logs via PM to @Support.

Sorry, this has happened to you. Luckily we haven’t had any other reports regarding 20220228_1.

1 Like

We’ve updated the link to Block Production V3 protocol in the original topic. Thanks.

thanks for the awesome information.

Hello @alexsunny123,

This is not the latest version of docker container. Please see this version: [Protocol release] Incognito chain’s code upgrade (tag: 20221230_1)