Import message randomly appears for vNode owner

All - I’m a little late to catch up to this thread. Thank you to everyone for raising the issue, and resolving it too!

However, I see an “import” button alongside my vNode for some of my accounts, and I am not sure if this is related to the bug/issue reported here. Can someone else confirm if they are also still seeing this issue?

1 Like

Did the run.sh file attach with the right validator key? Let’s perform a check with your server/ ports too.
I will help to check it if you believe everything works fine on your end.

1 Like

Hi all,

I am experiencing regular restarts with the latest docker image. The image attached shows the memory drop which happens which each restart:

Screenshot 2020-12-26 at 09.34.02

Roughly every 10h the docker image gets restarted. I am not running out of memory as it seems (max 7gb but 8gb available) but it still confuses me. System load is also nothing special:

Screenshot 2020-12-26 at 09.36.46

Does anybody see a similar behaviour on his vNodes?

1 Like

Hi Peter,

Yes - the actual vNodes are running, I checked using telnet with IP/Port. This seems to be an issue with the way it is getting reported in the Incognito app interface, and not necessarily the docker instance or the node itself. Also, just to clarify - this is for my vnodes. I am yet to set up the 2 new pNodes that arrived 2 days ago! :slight_smile:

@scooter @sid let me ask my team about this next Monday.

2 Likes

Hi @Peter,

So there’s certainly something wrong after the december 25 code push. I’m seeing more spooky things happen. When I open the power tab, I see some of my vnode accounts being forgotten. I see a blank line and an import button - although the keychain and account tied to that vNode exists in my app. Furthermore, I see this randomly change for different accounts/vNodes every time the page is loaded.

What’s worse - if there are rewards tied to a specific vNode that wasn’t identified during the page load, and if I used the “withdraw all” button, those funds appear to be lost. I don’t see it in the associated account and I don’t see it under the power tab either.

If it helps, I can start a new thread and tag @Support to it, but this is an open issue that needs to be looked at. Not sure how many other validators have seen this but I am sure more people will report this issue. Thanks!

4 Likes

Hi @sid,

I can confirm the issue about vNodes not showing up properly in the nodes tab. It has happened to me a few times but currently it seems to work normal for the moment.

What really is worrying me is the fact that those rewards get lost! I havn‘t earned any rewards since the latest release so can‘t confirm. Maybe we should all toll back to 20201130_1 for now?

Hi @scooter, please provide these logs: infor log and error log so we can look into the restarting problem.
Hi @sid, we will check further and keep you posted.

1 Like

Hi @scooter, @sid currently if the “import” status is activated, rewards withdrawal will be blocked in the app. So you can’t neither withdraw it separately on the Node/ use the “withdraw all” button.

Please provide a screen record when you get this thing again. Here is how:
iOS user: https://support.apple.com/en-vn/HT207935
Android user: https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-record-the-screen-on-your-android-phone

1 Like

Hi Peter,

which logs exactly do you need and how do I get them? "docker logs " doesn’t output anything on the incognito container (while it does on the parity one). Am I missing something?

Hi @scooter, have you checked the data directory of your Node? is there any files overthere?

Hi @Peter,

error.log exists but is empty. latest log from yesterday I will send you through DM.

What I find a lot in the logs is:

2020-12-28 23:59:42.441 mempool.go:229 [ERR] Mempool log: -1012: Unexpected Transaction Error Unexpected Transaction From Shard 3
Unexpected Transaction Error

Just curious what this is…

1 Like

Here is what happened on my iOS app:

After refresh (pull down) it shows both nodes again…

3 Likes

Same.

2 Likes

I am seeing the exact same behavior for almost all of my vnodes. It’s like 3 out of 12 vnodes randomly show the import button every time I refresh the page.

2 Likes

Thanks guy, we are looking on it.

4 Likes

My node has been active and earning for some months now, however on opening app, I’m facing the same issue suddenly.
I see many users facing it, is it a bug?

I restarted my incognito app, now my node is appearing as normal again. (I didn’t import any account)

Hi everyone, we are going to release a fix next week through an app update. I will keep you guys posted when it is available to get from the store.

5 Likes