How to run Incognito Chain Full Node on Mainnet

Oops. While I was writing the post above, it crashed once again. This time I send the log file via PM.

Update: Fully crashed. Does not restart anymore. Sent its log, too.

Did you manage to resolve this in the end?

3 Likes

i you use method 1 to run your fullnode, you need to enter this command: ulimit -Sn 10000

example:

shindo@dell:~/Projects/incognito/incognito-chain$ ulimit -Sn 10000
2 Likes

Great stuff, so far so good!

2 Likes

We were communicating with @khanhj at Telegram. Yes, I’ve solved it by applying method 1 after running ulimit command as Khanh wrote.

1 Like

Hello. What are the minimum requirements for the VPS in order to run the full node well?

1 Like

Hey @J053,

If you use this fullnode to serve around 10 devices, I think a server with 4CPUs and 4GBs RAM, 128GB of SSD, will working well.

2 Likes

I tried Method 1, and on step 6 I get the following error:

“tee: fullnode_mainnet.log: Permission denied
-bash: ./incognito: No such file or directory”

Anyone know what I did wrong?

@brico84

it’s look like you have failed to build incognito binary (Method 1, step3).
Please retry at this step and give me the output on your terminal

I did originally run it and it looked like it worked. I just tried again and now I am getting the error

“go: updates to go.sum needed, disabled by -mod=readonly”

hi @brico84 please try these:

• upgrade golang to version 1.14.15
  • reset and rebuild with the following command:
git reset --hard
git fetch -a
git pull
git checkout mainnet_20201028_1
go build -o incognito

if you still facing any error, ping me on telegram: khanhj

1 Like

@brico84 your problem is resolved.

1 Like

Thanks @khanhj. It actually failed part way through which is why I didn’t post it was fixed. I am still going over all the details and will post my findings/questions in the next few days. I really appreciate your assistance on this.

3 Likes

Found this post interesting as far as resources needed for multiple vnodes on 1 server so ill post it here :

Hey @khanhj,

Is this script still true? It does not use infura. If not true, could you share the new script?

Thanks.

1 Like

@abduraman i will update 1st post later, meanwhile please check this post Full-nodes' Cache - A Faster Way to Retrieve Users' Output Coins

3 Likes

Hey @Support,

I want to add SSL support to my full node. I don’t want to install any web server and redirect it to my full node.

I’ve seen RPCCert and RPCKey parameters of incognito executable. Are they for SSL support? If so, do they have any equivalents (i.e. similar to NODE_PORT, BOOTNODE_IP etc.) exposed to docker? If not, could you expose them?

Thanks.

The SSL support is not tested yet! We will add to docker after making sure this feature works.

2 Likes

1st post updated.

How do I need to construct my call if I set rpcpass and rpcuser?