How to host a Virtual Node

I had some problems with my newly added node, I tried to rescale to a bigger VPS, now I cannot restart my node.
What can I do now? I cannot access my node to withdraw my stake.

Update: I had to free up some space with deleting data/blocks and then restart the server to complete the migration to a bigger one, now I was able to start my node again!

Now Im running a massive server with 4vcpu and 16gb ram, but still cant see any earnings in the app.

4 Likes

Hi Peacemaker, do you still need help on this concern?

2 Likes

Hi Imperator, Well done. As if you are using the same validator key on your new server, it’s ok to keep up running. How long is it since you staked?

2 Likes

I staked since 3 days with two nodes and they are both fully synced but not earning. :frowning:

3 Likes

Welcome! :hugs:
empty pockets01
23 days is the longest anyone has not earned. :sob:

10 Likes

Why is it taking so long? :question:

6 Likes
9 Likes
2020/02/24 01:05:27 privacy-token-���]3^YC@��k�k�H/^?^Z�
/T8)�ܿ^[^S-��^G���;^@^@^@^@�ɚ;

this issue was fixed. Let me know if you still see it.

5 Likes

Currently, those files are emtpy. I’will let you know if the issue repeats.

3 Likes

Hi.
your output shows that you have two nodes running - but older and never version. try keep those up to date!

2 Likes

Hello

people here are talking abut (for example) running two nodes on same host.
you seem to change two ports:
-p 9334:9334 -p 9433:9433
my question here is:
I understand that -p 9334:9334 - first 9334 is HOST and second 9334 is GUEST.

So how changing from : -p 9334:9334 to for example:
-p 10334:10334
it would change listening port on docker GUEST? because we would also need to reconfigure the
incognito daemon on guest machine? no? or there is some magic happening inside image?

3 Likes

Hey @huglester,

As you understand how docker worked, you can change these ports to whatever you want, as long as the parameter $bootnode point to mainnet, your node will be fine.

Let me know if you have any issues.

4 Likes

just to clarify: why do you suggest The Digital Ocean vps for the common use? Does not setting up nodes on the one provider affect decentralization?

1 Like

Digital Ocean is easy to start and provide a stable hosting service. If you have enough technical knowledge, feel free to use AWS, Vultr, Linode, and other ways to run the Node.

2 Likes

What we have seen in the passed months is a lot of people with zero knowledge of linux or server management wanting to run a Node Virtual. These people are very welcome, but need a lot of guidance. To help them, tutorials were created. It is impossible to create one for every service out there.

We hope people will find a good host in their own country once they are more familiar with how things works. Some countries have great options at a reasonable price.

4 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: My Node hasn’t earned in x days/weeks

Are you sure about needing 500GB ssd I was using 100GB of SSD for a single node… On digital ocean I am using 160gb SSD for 2 nodes. But I just added another 100GB SSD after reading this so I am at
4 CPUS
8 GB Ram
260GB SSD

Will this work?

@palumboe1, when Incognito chain first launch, it consumes a lot of storage, that why i say 500GB in another post.

Recently we archived this Reduce Blockchain size by 50% which significantly reduce our fullnode from 300GB storage to 12GB

I definitely believe your setup will work

6 Likes

You could even run multiple nodes with that spec

2 Likes

Hi I’m trying to setup my second vNode on a vserver but I’m not so hot with Linux.
Do I need to edit anything other than the key in your sample file or can I just run it.
Thanks