How to host a Virtual Node

I guess that means you are using the wrong validator key, or added the wrong Node ip address.

Let me rephrase the question: Why can’t I stake my validator using the Anon keychain that was created when I opened the Incognito app for the first time?

You can if you use the validator key of that account to start the Node. I am assuming we are talking virtual Node, not physical Node.

Is there a minimum bandwidth requirement for the server configuration? Can a server run multiple vNODEs at the same time?

Yes, it can.

Just wanted to add my post from another thread. I think it’s more appropriate in this thread. Thanks!

1 Like

tks,can you share your server configuration? and how many vNodes run on it?

Very interesting topic, does it has a comparison profit for running a virtual node and providing to pool?

That’s great to know, can you share the topic to run multiple Vnodes on window?

@DarwinXu @Drogo You may read these topics including this topic’s previous messages:

3 Likes

Thanks, very helpful for me, can set up vnode by using vultr now

1 Like

Can I use google console to host vnode? any tutorial?

Ive never used Google console myself, yet some users did in the past, i dont recommend google console since they are known for shutting down crypto mining, even thought its not mining. I do recoment Digital Ocean or Vultr though. (The second one being a bit more user friendly).

2 Likes

Hello @annie

Do I need different validator keys per node?

Cheers,
Andi

Hi D3w3y,

One node = 1 validator key

So 1 node = 1 dedicated keychain

2 Likes

Is it possible to add a vNode via the command-line, not the mobile app? If so then how?

(I have excellent Linux sysadmin skills and haven’t been able to stake my vNode after many attempts over the past few weeks. The mobile app shows this and is now polluted with my many attempts to add my vNode because there’s no way to remove a node device. My vNode is accessible and sync’ed 2020-11-15 10:29:22.009 beaconprocess.go:220 [INF] BlockChain log: BEACON | Finish Insert new Beacon Block 819447.)
$ curl -s --header “Content-Type: application/json” --request POST --data ‘{ “id”: 1, “jsonrpc”: “2.0”, “method”: “getmininginfo”}’ http://localhost:9434 | jq
{
“Id”: 1,
“Result”: {
“ShardHeight”: 0,
“BeaconHeight”: 819452,
“CurrentShardBlockTx”: 0,
“PoolSize”: 0,
“Chain”: “mainnet”,
“ShardID”: -2,
“Layer”: “”,
“Role”: “”,
“MiningPublickey”: “”,
“IsEnableMining”: true
},
“Error”: null,
“Params”: null,
“Method”: “getmininginfo”,
“Jsonrpc”: “2.0”
}

Not sure what you are trying to do. If your app shows node entries you don’t need, swipe left and delete.

The idea is to start the Node and then stake using the app. If you are running a vNode from home, make sure you enter the internal ip-address to add the node to the app.

Thanks for the swipe-left tip!

I’m always greeted with an “Import” button instead of a “Stake” button when I try to add my node. When I try to import I get the “The account already exists on your device. Please try another.” error message.

Here’s how I run incognito:

./incognito -n bcn --discoverpeers --discoverpeersaddress mainnet-bootnode.incognito.org:9330 --miningkeys 12hxxx --testnet false --nodemode auto --datadir .. --listen 0.0.0.0:9433 --externaladdress 79.150.143.129:9433 --norpcauth --rpclisten 0.0.0.0:9434 --limitfee 1 --loglevel info --btcclient 1 --btcclientip 159.65.142.153 --btcclientport 8332 --btcclientusername admin --btcclientpassword autonomous --enablewallet --wallet incognito --walletpassphrase xxx --walletautoinit

I’m using infura for my ETH client as detailed here, but for just a single node.

The mining key that I use is the Validator Key from my key chain. I have 1750+ PRV in the account associated with the Validator Key, so I can’t understand why I don’t have PRV to stake.

Side question: What are the --wallet related flags for? Everyone that uses run.sh has the same walletpassphrase, which seems fishy to me.

I am not familiar with that setup.

Make sure you used the validator key and not the address or any of the other keys.
How about using the default command for a moment and see how that works out?

Most issues are when people either

• use the wrong key
  • change the command in other ways than just replacing the phrase validatorkey, with an actual validatorkey
2 Likes

Hello sirs,

I just want to comment and note to the developers and others. First, thank you for the option for some people to run a virtual node. However, I find it disheartening and quite discouraging for new, home, and beginning users that we are required to buy $3000 / 1750PRV in order to start the process (as listed in step 4).
I am not a rich man, nor is my family, and I would also imagine that others who are, or were, hoping to get into the process will immediately be halted by this steep requirement that we must spend $3000 to even get started while also contributing our computing power and hard drive space.
Perhaps someday beginners and new users who do not have such a large sum of money will be able to contribute.

1 Like