How to check status of Node?

Hi,
More than 2 weeks no PRV . It’s plugged in but nothing , what should I do ?
Thanks

1 Like

Hello @EhsanA12345,

It is not uncommon to go 2 weeks without earning, but you may end up having a few days or weeks of higher than average earning sometime in the future. There are a couple of other ways to test your node, if you search the community posts. {Update: thanks @Mike_Wagner for pointing out the correction}.

This chart shows the probability of a node getting selected for earning, and although this is dated - it still serves as a very good example. If you’ve gone over 2 weeks, you’re likely to be selected soon, but the longest no-earning streak has been about 29 days I believe. Hang in there, your reward will come! :slight_smile:

The key is to let the node run and do its thing. If your goal is to host the node for a few years, you shouldn’t be worried about the daily or weekly variations. If you’re looking to test for a short duration and make a quick buck, I can understand but I’d suggest looking at the longer term view of this project.

4 Likes

@EhsanA12345 if you would like to check the status of your node, recommend using one of the community tools:

Any of these tools can help you verify your Node is online and part of the Incognito chain.

5 Likes

Thanks, @Mike_Wagner - I updated my post to remove the incorrect information. :+1:

2 Likes

I hear that but is been over four weeks for me without being selected. There should definitely be a way to exit when the validator chooses to. I get the random selection. But there should be a random selection based on last reward so that your chances of receiving a reward increase as time goes on. In fact I think it’s going on two months now since the last reward. I’m feeling ripped off at this point and just want my tokens back. I could have just provided liquidity and done better than this. Staking could actually be earning more in my situation.

I wanted to support the network but the network needs to support me as well.

@Alreadygreat - I’m sorry to hear about your frustration. Just to clarify, are you telling me that you’ve started staking on your node and haven’t earned a reward for 2 months? There may be something else going on with your node. Is this is a vnode or a pnode? Also, I saw one of my vnodes earn after some 32 days (almost 5 weeks). If you don’t want to play the waiting/random selection game, you’re probably better off using the provider/staking option and earn the 37% APY reward, which comes with more certainty. Good luck!

1 Like

Vnode I checked on nito and node watcher everything looked okay wallet says I’m connected as well

Just be patience, i have 3 pnode but normally only one node earn per week

1 Like

I love the node watcher, easy to pop in a couple times a day to make sure my node is still working as it should.

1 Like

I hooked up my node 17 days ago and have not earned yet…and I’m not worried…however it is hard not to worry when so many others do lol

Don’t worry guys, everything gonna be okay, must wait until the next earning cycle

3 Likes