How do I remove a virtual node from the app?

So I went through the steps to add a virtual node but I want to start over and use a different address. Unfortunately, there is no option to remove the node from the app. Is there a way to do this?

1. Tap Keychain on the main screen.
  2. Backup & check your private keys for the vNode account(s) you want to remove.
  3. Backup & check your private keys for the vNode account(s) you want to remove.
  4. Did I mention? Backup & check your private keys for the vNode account(s) you want to remove.
  5. Tap Power on the main screen.
  6. Swipe/drag left on the name of the vNode you’d like to remove.
  7. Tap the red Remove button.
5 Likes

I appreciate the insistence on backinp up the key (which I’ve done previously), but is there any reason for doing so in this case? Like does deleting the vNode also delete the key? Or is this just a general reminder to backup your keys?

No it doesn’t delete the key.

However … some users in the past had trouble re-attaching their existing account to the newly created node instance. Those users then deftly deleted the account without thinking that through, created a new account for the fresh instance … and “where’d my 1750 PRV stake go?” sad_panda.gif

So … best to insist the key is backed up.

1 Like

So @Mike_Wagner are you saying that you should back up your keys? It wasn’t really clear from the procedure you laid out :wink:

3 Likes

lol, you’re right. I should tidy that up a bit more. BRB.

1 Like

Wow. I can’t imagine deleting an account with coins in it before transferring it to the new account but I trust that some have done it. I’ve learned my lesson with lost keys, I print them out and put them in the fire safe before I even transfer anything into the account. I appreciate the instruction to backup the keys will help save some from losing a lot of money.

1 Like