How difficult would it been to repurpose an official Incognito node to for example Ethereum PoS?

Hi,
For me getting a node that is dependent on the Incognito project working out is a big commitment since we are still early. Although I do believe in the future of Incognito I would like to know how difficult it would be to repurpose one of your nodes later to run other PoS algorithms. Would it even be possible to repurpose it for something like ETH2.0 without buying a lot of additional hardware?

This isn’t something I plan on doing, but I would like to know if the option is there.

Hi @Pseudonym, Node (physical device) is just a computer so theoretically it could run any PoS network. If it satisfied with the hardware specification required by each network, it will work.
For virtual Node, it would be even easier because running a virtual node is basically to download the Incognito data and run it on your own server.

It would be great if @binh can share more about this one.

@Pseudonym
Thanks for your interesting question. We actually have a plan to implement more chains for our pNODE.
Specially one of them is ETH2.0, and some other chains are in researching.
If ETH2.0 does not require much high CPU & Ram, we will prioritize to build this application for the pNode.

2 Likes

Would it be possible to run multiple different PoS validators using the same Node device? Being able to run ETH2.0 and the Incognito validator at the same time would be amazing. However, I assume that would be difficult because of the amount of CPU/ram/bandwidth needed to run both?

@Pseudonym you’re right - it’s not easy to run multiple chains in one device.
because of that we’re still in the research phase. Tests need to come back stable before we release more validator options for pNode.

1 Like

Seems there is a little more to running an ETH2.0 node than just the hardware.
What I found was a 32 ETH stake, locked for 2 years.
Or will there be some staking-as-a-service in place?

These are expected to come soon after the December 1 launch.

Yes I know, but I meant will that be the way pNodes will be part of the validators network or each one by themselves.

Ah, gotcha. That I don’t have any insight on. Kinda curious myself.

People already complain about 1,750 PRV for staking. I am pretty sure there will be some complaints about ETH 2.0 not really being an option due to the high staking involved. Which could make it a waste of time to implement.

Yeah, even at the current ATH, the stake for an Incognito node is well below any other project I know of. Even :poop:coins.

If you stake through a pool you don’t need to run a validator. However, it would be nice to be able to run your own validator with the 32 ETH stake through the Incognito Node.

I was more thinking about a network within the network. We’ll see what the team comes up with.