How can we convert a frequently used account to a brand-new account?

Hey @Support,

As I use an account, the tx creation with it is getting slower. Consolidate feature does not solve this problem. Its effect is very limited. To understand where this problem comes from, I’ve performed some tests via RPC using that account. Yes, it seems the problem is on the chain side. For example, with a brand-new account, I can create a trade request selling PRV via RPC within 0.1 second. However, when I use my frequently used account, it takes 2-3 seconds. I called defragmentaccount RPC on the used account and re-tried. Again I got similar results. So my question is this: “Is it possible to convert a frequently used account to a brand-new account in terms of the tx creation time using RPCs? If so, how? If not so, will we have to change our account time-to-time (ofc depending on the usage)?”

Btw, I tried defragmentaccounttoken RPC as well but I couldn’t succeed in calling it with the correct parameters at all. That’s why I couldn’t test a non-PRV trade. Could you share a correct call example for that RPC?

Thanks.

9 Likes

Is this and 0(Zero) UTXOs bug somehow related? I don’t see any update on the other one whether it is fixed or not.

Back when I first joined the community I made a lot of big and small txns just to test stuff and soon clogged up my wallet with UTXOs (I think).
So my txns got slower and slower, especially pDEX trades, which often failed.

So I tried consolidating my UTXOs with the option in the app settings, which mostly returns:

Consolidation complete.

You’re now running at peak efficiency.

What’s the problem with that?” you may ask? Well, in my experience between then and now, consolidation option in the app doesn’t do anything unless there are (enough?) UTXOs to consolidate.

How did I conclude that then? Because when my UTXOs reached to a point where almost all my pDEX and most of my regular txns failed, the app notified me to consolidate my UTXOs after which my problems were solved.

I don’t know whether it is the accumulating UTXOs, increasing nonce, even txns with higher amounts often take longer in my experience.

Not sure what the connection between these are, I just wanted share my related experience in case it helps in any way.

For my case, no but it would be good if it was fixed too.

Th problem of the app’s Consolidate function is that it consolidates just PRV utxos. As of now, the app cannot consolidate non-PRV coin utxos.

2 Likes

Hi @abduraman, Did you find out what is causing this high latency problem ?
Tks

In fact, here the problem is not what is causing this (I already wrote it (increase in #utxos) in the first post) but what the solution is. I (we :joy:) am waiting for an answer from @Support .

Hey the team got the problem as defragment feature not working. We’re fixing it, please be patient, the fix will be released by June 28.

4 Likes

Hey guys, please have a look at the topic, we’ve just released a new SDK and CLI tool to support UTXOs consolidation for both PRV and pToken. Give those a try and share your feedback to see if they can solve your problems or not.
(We tried to bring it to the app but the task is very time-consuming and not suited to run on a mobile phone app so using the CLI tool above is a quick solution for you to overcome the issue for now. Privacy v2 that will be released in July can help mitigate the issue I guess)

4 Likes

Hey @duc,

I have tested incognito-cli and unfortunately, the consolidation has zero effect. I think the problem is not just about utxos. Here are the methods I tried:

1- I consolidated USDT utxos and created a trade request selling USDT via RPC. The time required for the creation wasn’t shortened.

2- I thought it might be related with trade fees. So this time I consolidated PRV utxos and created a trade request selling USDT. Again zero effect.

3- I “completely” emptied the account by transferring all tokens to another account. So zero balance, zero utxos. Then, I transferred some PRV from another account to create a trade request. Again zero effect.

Consolidating the UTXOs does not speed up the speed of creating transaction since you still have to check all your output coins before creating transactions. If you wish to boost up the speed of creating transactions, try to cache the spent coins. Consolidating only helps reduce the number of UTXOs, and thus reduce the possibility of failure when creating new transactions.

In the explanation of Consolidation feature, “Keeps your wallet streamlined and your transactions efficient” is written. That’s why I -and possibly some users- thought that it would accelerate the creation and opened this topic (please see the title and others’ comments). Ok, we learned that we were wrong. Then, I have some questions.

1- Is this situation specific to Incognito accounts or do some other UTXO blockhains’ (e.g. Bitcoin) accounts suffer from this problem (i.e. slower transaction creation)?

2- In the end, we have 2 solutions for this problem. Either we should keep the spent coins in our “client” machines (as you wrote) and create the txs with the cached spent coins or we should create a brand-new account.

@daniel

We’re sorry for conveying it in a wrong way. By efficient, we mean the lowering of probability of failure when creating a new transaction.

Not actually. In other public blockchains (like Bitcoin or Ethereum), we know exactly which coins have been spent, which have not. So we (or anyone) can filter these coins right before creating transactions. Incognito on the other hand, only the owner knows which coins have been spent, so without caching these spent coins, every time you create a transaction, you will have to filter spent coins (the more output coins you have, the longer time needed to check spent coins). Therefore, creating transactions will take longer time for accounts with a huge number of output coins. That’s what you have to sacrifice for better privacy. As a matter of fact, Monero faces the same problem with us.

Both of these two methods are acceptable. However, caching coins is more complicated than just moving funds to a brand-new account.

3 Likes